MIUI 8 Second Space Feature: Create Special Space or Use Dual-Device Mode in Xiaomi MIUI 8.
Earlier this month, we talk about the top nine features of the newly released MIUI 8, supported devices, and series of ways to install MIUI 8 global beta rom on any xiaomi device. Today, we will talk about MIUI 8 second space feature. A new feature integrated into miui 8 that allow you create special space on your device or activate dual-device mode.
Less than a week ago, Xiaomi launch the long awaited for MIUI 8 Global beta rom for five of their devices. The same rom was released for 2 other xiaomi device 24 hours later and now, they have gradually rolled out the rom to all the device promised to get the MIUI 8 global rom. Now what is miui 8 second space feature? how to activate, set up and use it on supported xiaomi devices.
What is MIUI 8 Second Space Feature?
MIUI 8 Second Space feature is designed for users to have a separate work-space on their xiaomi device. You can manage different apps, files, folders, themes, photos, videos, background picture and ringtone. Users can sign in with different Mi Account within the Second Space.
This is very similar to managing different user accounts on a windows computer.
How to Activate MIUI 8 Second Space Feature.
- Launch Settings app on your device. The default/initial screen/UI is first space.
- Tap on Second Space.
- Tap on Turn on Second space.
- You should now see a screen as seen below.
Now you are in second space. You can move data, moves apps, files, folders, themes, photos, videos, background picture and ringtone. You can even turn off the notification, so that no one will know you have a second space on the phone.
How to Set Up MIUI 8 Second Space Feature.
Now that you have turned On miui 8 Second space feature, it is time to set it up. You need to set second space password, Set up private contacts and messages and move items to second space.
- Tap on the manage icon to set password for your miui 8 second space feature password. Once password has been set, you can then import photos, files and apps.
- To change any of the above settings in the future, just tap on manage.
- To move data from first space to second space and vice versa in the future, just tap on Move Data on the Home-screen. You can then use the import commands to move to second space and export commands to move from second to first space.
- Use the App settings under Move Data to choose which apps to show in First space or in Second space or in Both space.
Switch within the Work spaces.
To switch from first space to second space or vice versa, tap on the Switch icon on the home screen and enter the password/pattern of the space you are switching to.
Alternatively, you can simply lock your phone. Enter first space password/pattern to access first space and second space password to enter second space.
How to Delete MIUI 8 Second Space Feature.
To stop using miui 8 second space feature, you need to delete it. Tap on the manage icon on your home screen >> Scroll down to where you see Delete Second Space >> Tap on it and then tap on continue from the pop up.
You will have options to move your items. Select your preferences and tap on continue.
There you have on how to activate, set up, manage, and delete MIUI 8 second space feature. Kindly share this article with friends and family.