Just like it is with checking balance, airtel has changed their data transfer code atleast twice in the last 12 months. Frankly, i think this is something the telecommunication giant should look into. It might seems like a minor issue but it is frustrating having to memorize the new airtel transfer code every now and then.
So earlier this morning, a friend called me that he needs data urgently. He doesn’t even have 1MB to recharge from his bank to purchase the data.
Before airtel 4G was launched in February 2018, the last time i used their network for browsing was 2014. I vowed to never use it again because 1.5GB magically disappeared in less than 3 days.
To save you the epistle, i was only trying to say i didn’t know how to transfer, share or gift data on airtel network. Obviously, the next thing is to go online and find out. I did and the results that came up contains outdated information.
I decided to dial airtel’s universal data ussd code. Fortunately, i saw an option for gifting or sharing data and i was able to transfer 20MB to my friend which he used to access his bank’s mobile app, recharge and purchase data plan of his own choice.
This is just to let you know what i had to go through because the telecom giant decided to change the method of sharing data on their network.
Airtel Data Transfer ~ The Code & How to Use It.
It turns out that it wasn’t only the code that changed, couple other things have too. Before now, you can’t transfer more than 60MB to another customer but with this new method, you can transfer about 90% of your data and even buy data for another customer using airtel smart share.
- To get started you need to dial *141# (the universal code i talked about earlier).
- Look for Gift or Share data on this list. It is currently the 5th option, so reply with 5.
- The new interface will provide you with options to gift data (reply with 2) or transfer data (reply with 3) via ME2U.
- You can also change your PIN. The default is 1234.
- Data Gifting means buying a bundle from the weekly, monthly, daily or mega packs for another customer. Enter the recipient’s number to continue.
- On the other hand, data me2u means you are transferring or sharing data with another customer. The quantity of data you transferred will the deducted from your account and added to his/her account.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to complete the transfer.
That’s all on airtel data sharing or transfer code. Kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.