You are here for the best airtel tariff plan with the cheapest call rates plus their migration code right? Well you are in the right place.
What is the use of a call plan with expensive call rate and zero benefits?
That i have money to buy enough airtime doesn’t mean i have to waste it on tariff plans with high call rates.
It shouldn’t matter if am making local or international calls, the tariff rate in kobo per second or naira per minute should be fair in both cases.
And that guys is exactly what airtel call plans in this article offers.
There are numerous airtel nigeria tariff plan out there but in here are the best of them all.
See guy, forget they are worse than chameleon when it comes to changing name. I think they should be given award for that though.
They have had their name changed 4 times before they got airtel. But that’s not the point here right? So let’s focus.
Below are airtel call tariff plans, migration codes, benefits/features and call rate analysis.
Airtel Tariff Plan 2019
|Airtel SmartTalk 2.0||11 Kobo/Sec||*315#|
This article will focus on 5 tariffs starting with their default plan (smartconnect). Below are list of airtel Nigeria tariff plans for calls but some came with data browsing bonus.
- SmartTalk 2.0.
Here is the deal.
I will take each airtel tariff plans on the above list, talk about its benefit, migration codes (except smartconnect) and analyze its call rate/talktime against 100 Naira airtime.
You can easily calculate the talktime for 200 Naira or 1000 Naira by multiplying by 2 or 10 respectively.
1.) Airtel SmartConnect Tariff Plan
The first thing you need to know is that you can’t migrate to this tariff plan.
It is the default call plan for all newly registered airtel sim cards. So all you have to do is get yourself a new sim and register it.
The second thing you need to know is that once you migrate out of this tariff to another, you can’t migrate back to it.
You can get yourself 2 sim one standby on smartconnect and the other for surfing through other airtel call plans.
SmartConnect Benefits & Features
Smart Connect call plan from airtel network comes with some benefits. They include.
- 800% value of 100 Naira and above airtime recharge for the first 3 months after activation.
- Main account: 100%.
- Voice bonus account: 250%.
- Data bonus account: 250%.
- Social bonus account: 100%.
- Family and friends bonus account: 100%.
- Add, remove and check list of family and friends number with *311*2*number#, *311*3*number# and *311*4# respectively.
- Social bonus is valid for 7 days and usable only on Facebook, twitter, bbm and whatsapp.
- Data bonus account will be charged when you surf the internet with your browser.
- You get 100% of your total recharge (N200 & above) in a month as data bonus on the last day of the month.
- That’s total recharge of N600 in a month gives 600 Naira data bonus charged at 5 Naira per MB.
Airtel SmartConnect Call Rate
Calls to both local and international numbers will be charged on your main account and voice bonus account.
Any calls made to friends and family number which must be an airtel number will be charged on the family and friends bonus account.
- Family & Friends Call Rate: 40 Kobo/Second or 24 Naira/Minute.
- Main Bonus Account Call Rate: 50 Kobo/Second or 30 Naira/Minute for both local and international calls.
- Voice Bonus Account Call Rate: 60 Kobo/Second or 36 Naira/Minute for local calls and 50 Kobo/Sec for international calls.
Let’s digress a little and determine the talktime for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
100 Naira give 800 Naira with bonus right?
- Main account: N100 Naira.
- Voice Account: N250 Naira.
- Family and friends (F & F) account: 100 Naira.
Data and social bonus accounts are irrelevant for talktime calculation since they can only be used to browse.
For Local Calls
Main Account: 100 Naira @ 30 N/M gives 100/30 = 3.333 minutes talktime.
Voice bonus account: N250 @ 36 N/M gives 250/36 = 6.94 minutes talktime.
F & F account: N100 @ 24 N/M gives 100/24 = 4.17 minutes talktime.
Total = 3.33 + 6.94 + 4.17 = 14.44 minutes or 14 minutes 26 seconds talktime.
For International Calls
Call rate is 50 K/s or 30 N/min on main and voice accounts.
With total airtime of 100 + 250 = 350 Naira charges @ 30N/min.
Talktime = 350/30 = 11.67 minutes or 11 minutes 40 seconds.
Local Call with 100 Naira Airtime: 14.44 minutes or 14 minutes 26 seconds talktime.
International Call with N100 Airtime: 11.67 minutes or 11 minutes 40 seconds talktime.
How to Migrate to Airtel SmartConnect
Like i said earlier, you can not migrate to airtel smartconnect tariff plans. Just get a new sim to enjoy the above offers.
However, you can always migrate away at anytime you wish free of charge. But once you do, you can’t go back.
In the mean time, learn more on how to migrate to airtel family and friends in Nigeria.
2.) Airtel SmartTalk 2.0 Tariff Plan
This is another great airtel call plan worth opt-in for.
What i love about this tariff plan is that everything is straight forward.
SmartTalk 2.0 Benefits & Features.
- Daily access fee of N5 Naira upon your first call in a day. No call, No access fee will be deducted.
- Local call rate is 11 K/s while international call rate is 20 K/s.
Airtel SmartTalk 2.0 Call Rate.
Local Call Rate = 11 Kobo per seconds or 6.6 Naira per minute. Meaning you can call any Nigerian network at this rate.
International Call Rate = 20 Kobo/Sec or 12 Naira/min. Available for Canada, China, India, UK and USA.
Let’s quickly do talktime calculation against 100 Naira airtime recharge.
Remember there is an access fee of 5 Naira, so we are left with 95 Naira.
Local Call on Smart Talk.
Talktime for 100 Naira recharge @ 6.6 Naira/min = 95/6.6 = 14.39 minutes or 14 minutes 23 seconds.
International Calls on Airtel Smart Talk.
Talktime of N100 recharge @ 12 N/min = 95/12 = 7.92 minutes or 7 minutes 55 seconds.
Airtel SmartTalk Migration Code.
New and old airtel users can migrate to this plan by dialing *315#.
3.) Airtel SmartTrybe Tariff Plan
SmartTalk 2.0 might be a good airtel tariff plans but SmartTrybe call plan is better.
This plan is similar the great mtn pulse tariff when it comes to browsing the internet.
SmartTrybe Benefit & Features.
- Call rate of 11 Kobo/Sec for all local and international calls.
- 500MB for 25 Naira night browsing (12am – 5am).
- Get 1GB data for just N500 Naira.
When near or on campus, you get;
- Free access to whatsapp, facebook, twitter and bbm.
- 60mb data bonus on 200 naira airtime recharge valid for a month.
- Free 5 sms when you pay for 2.
- 30% bonus on data plans worth 500 Naira and above.
Airtel SmartTrybe Call Rate.
Call rate is 11 Kobo/Second.
With no hidden charges or access fee.
Let’s quickly calculate the talktime for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
With a call rate of 11 K/s or 6.6 Naira per minute.
Talktime for 100 Naira recharge = 100/6.6 = 15.15 minutes or 15 minutes 9 seconds.
How to Migrate to Airtel SmartTrybe Tariff.
The migration code for Airtel SmartTrybe is *312#.
4.) Airtel SmartPremier Tariff Plan
This airtel call plan is similar to both smart-talk and smart-trybe tariff in terms of call rate.
But there is a little discrepancy.
SmartPremier Benefits & Features.
- Recharge of N5000 and above within a month attracts up to 500 minutes of free incoming calls while roaming.
- 150MB data bonus on every recharge.
Airtel SmartPremier Call Rate.
Call rate is 11 Kobo/Second or 6.6 Naira per minute after the first minute of call @ 40 Kobo/Second or 24 Naira per minute.
So let’s calculate for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
For the first minute: Call rate is 24 Naira.
Talktime for the remaining 76 Naira @ 6.6 Naira per minute = 76/6.6 = 11.52 minutes.
Total talktime = first 1 minute + 11.52 minutes = 12.52 minutes or 12 minutes 31 seconds.
There is no daily access fee like smart-talk but there is a hidden charges on the first minute of call in a day.
How to Migrate to Airtel SmartPremier Tariff Plan.
The migration code for airtel smart premier is *318#.
5.) Airtel SmartValue Tariff Plan
This is another awesome tariff plan from airtel network with no daily access fee or hidden charges.
SmartValue Airtel Call Rate.
Call rate to all Nigerian networks is 15 Kobo/Second or 9 Naira per minute.
International call rate is 20 Kobo/Second or 12 Naira per minute.
Let’s calculate talktime for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
Talktime for local calls @ 9 Naira per minute = 100/9 = 11.11 minutes or 11 minutes 7 seconds.
Talktime for International calls @ 12 Naira/min = 100/12 = 8.333 minutes or 8 minutes 20 seconds.
Airtel SmartValue Migration Code.
To migrate to smart-value call plan, dial *314#.
There you have it on airtel tariff plans. Kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.