Android 7.0 Nougat Released & Starts Rolling Out: Check out New Features and How to Install on Nexus Devices Right Now.
The latest version of Google’s mobile operating system has started rolling out globally, Nexus devices are reported to first receive the update before other devices. If you are still running anything less than Android 6.0 marshmallow in this era, you should consider upgrading. Smartphones running android 7.0 out of the box will be released starting from next month. Below are the features of Android 7.0 Nougat released this morning to some android device starting with the Nexus.
New Features of Android 7.0 Nougat Released on August 23rd 2016.
Before we proceed with the new features that stated rolling out with the new Android 7.0, i will like to say Happy Internet Day to everybody around the world, especially the tech minded folks.
- Split-screen mode, picture-in-picture, and double tap to quickly switch.
- Customizable Quick Settings in Android 7.0 Nougat.
- It brings with it the ability to set multiple locales and languages, 72 new emoji, multi-window functionality.
- Ability to quickly switch to the previous app (by double-tapping the multitasking button).
- Vulkan graphics API.
- Newly dedicated VR mode.
- Doze on the go for better battery management and new data saver for restricting data usage for background apps.
- Direct replies from notifications, bundled notifications.
- A built-in mobile data saver.
- File-based encryption, and much more.
Device Compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat.
In the preliminary stage like this, just few android devices are eligible to receive the latest android OS right away. If you are using any of the device below, you can easily install android 7.0 Nougat released few hours ago. Huawei Nexus 6P, LG Nexus 5X, Motorola Nexus 6, HTC Nexus 9, Asus Nexus Player, Google Pixel C, and General Mobile 4G. The update will be extended to other devices soonest.
If your device is among those above and you haven’t received notification, you can check manually. Just go to Settings >> About Phone >> System updates >> Check for updates.
LG V20 will be the first android device to ship with android 7.0 Nougat released earlier today.
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Any Nexus Device Now.
If you are using any of Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, Pixel C tablet, or General Mobile 4G, you can install Android Nougat right away.
- Sign up for Android Beta Program using the same Google account you will be using on your Nexus device.
- Select the handset or tablet you want to enroll, accept the terms, and click Join Beta.
- You will receive android 7.0 update in a matter of seconds. Download and install the update.
That’s all on the new android 7.0 nougat released earlier today.