Apple September 2016 Launch Event: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 Has been Launched in San Francisco, California.
After months of leaked images and specs, Apple’s CEO Tim Cook has officially launched iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus and Apple watch 2 at an event in California, USA today (September 7 2016). The long awaited devices make their first debut around 6PM UK time @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium with ravishing looks and technology breakthrough specifications. Apple September 2016 launch event lasted for about 2 (two) hours.
Before today, the last set of iPhones were launched as far back as 2014 and the original Apple watch was announced in September 2014 and went on sale in April 2015. One of the most popular controversial rumor that has now been confirmed is the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack that has been integrated into phones and computer since the 1960s from iPhone 7. Wireless headphones called AirPods was announced at Apple September 2016 launch event.
iPhone 7 is a 4.7-inch display smartphone with 1,920 x 1,080 pixels screen resolution while the iPhone 7 plus is a 5.5-inch display with 1,334 x 750 pixels screen resolution. Both screen is said to be 25 percent brighter and display a wide color gamut than the 6S.
The new iPhone 7 announced at the Apple September 2016 launch event is powered by 64-bit quad-core processor with A10 fusion chip, it runs on iOS 10, features finger print sensor and supports USB Type C. Its processing power is supported by six-core graphics.
12 MP with f/1.8 aperture, phase detection autofocus, OIS, quad-LED (dual tone) flash was spotted on the rear camera of iPhone 7, while the front camera is 7MP. The rear camera rocks features like Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (Photo/panorama).
The iPhones launched today at Apple September 2016 launch event will be available in Gloss Black, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold and rocks a Non-removable Li-Po 1960 mAh battery.
Its memory options start from 32GB to 128GB and 256GB. iPhone 7 features a 2GB RAM while iPhone 7 plus rocks 3GB RAM. It uses Nano Sim and supports GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE networks.
Some tech minds has supported Apple’s decision to ditched the headphone jack and explained why it was a good idea. They also said users will get used to it as it wasn’t the first time Apple will come up with such unusual decision.
According to Ernest Doku, if trendsetting Apple does as rumored, wires going in and coming out of our smartphones will become a thing of the past. But those who don’t yet own such headphones will no doubt be brought into the new wireless era kicking and screaming.
This isn’t unusual for Apple. It was equally bullish when it phased out the optical disc drive in the Macbook Pro or when it refused to support Flash on the iPhone, leading to its ultimate demise.
But cynics who say it’s unfair Apple expects us to spend more on accessories on top of a very expensive phone would be quite right.
New Major Features of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launched Today.
The best features of iPhone 7 that was announced @ Apple September 2016 launch event are:
- Apple ditched the headphone jack, launched earbuds that will connects over its lightning USB port.
- iPhone 7 camera is 12MP sensor with 4 LEDs flash that perform better in low light. The new camera has an optical image stabilizer that steadies shaky hands.
- The new set of iPhones has one speaker at the top and another at the bottom.
- The new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus features a new generation of chip called A10 fusion. The chip is said to be 50 percent faster than the previous A9, with 2GB/3GB RAM and a 2.37GHZ processor speed.
- Pressure sensitive home button that uses 3D Touch technology, which will make the home screen a continuous smooth surface.
- iPhone 7 starts at $649 while iPhone 7 plus starts at $769. The internal memory options start from 32GB, no more 16GB ROM on the iPhones.
- Apple Pay on the iPhone 7 will work with Felica, the NFC technology in Japan. iPhone 7 plus and Apple Watch 2 also support the new ApplePay, which will be launched in Japan in October.
- Apple launch a wireless earbuds called AirPods as part of removing the headphone jack. It cost $159.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is dust and water resistance up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- The new Apple devices will rock iOS 10 that has been in the beta version for the past two months.
That’s all on the new iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus and Apple watch 2 at Apple September 2016 launch event.