Home » Blog » Biggest European Clubs with Football Academies in Nigeria

Biggest European Clubs with Football Academies in Nigeria

by NaijNaira
0 comment
Biggest European Clubs with Football Academies in Nigeria

Here Is The Easy Money-Making Trick Everyone Is Talking About! Learn More Here!

Given how big football is in Nigeria, many international football-related establishments are now looking to leverage on their passion for the beautiful game in the country.

One obvious example is the large influx of international football betting operators. As curated on betting affiliate giants, My Betting Sites Nigeria, foreign-owned bookmakers now dominate the list of best betting sites in the country.

The same can be said about football academies. We still have local academies like the Pepsi Football Academy, but in the last few years, major European clubs have been exploring opportunities in Nigeria.

While these academies are part of the clubs’ way of fulfilling their social responsibilities, they are also set up to promote their brands, and spot potential talents for the future.

And where better to scout for young talents than in Nigeria.

Nigeria is blessed with incredibly talented young footballers, many of whom are seeking avenues to develop their skills and become like the current superstars they adore.

They now have a growing list of world-class academies that can help fulfil those dreams.

In this article, we examine the biggest European clubs that have football academies in Nigeria.

Barcelona Football Academy

The Barcelona Football Academy, FCBEscola began operating in Nigeria in September 2016 and was officially launched in February of the following year.

Unsurprisingly, given the popularity and followership Barcelona Football Club enjoys in Nigeria, FCBEscola has quickly become one of the most popular football academies in the country.

Open to boys and girls between the ages of 6-18, the academy trains students based on the principles of the Spanish club. Barca pride itself in creative and attacking football, and push this philosophy in all their academies around the world.

While football remains the core subject of the academy, FCBEscola also aims to contribute to the all-round development of their kids by imbibing values like respect, effort, ambition, teamwork and modesty.

Based at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos, the Barcelona school in Nigeria is the first of such in sub-Saharan Africa, and the third in Africa following the establishment of similar schools in Cairo, Egypt and Casablanca, Morocco.

Juventus Academy

Established in Nigeria in 2018, the Juventus academy aims to train and develop youngsters, giving them the opportunities to become stars of the future.

The Academy started with training camps in Lagos and Abuja but has recently extended into Port-Harcourt.

Juventus Academy Nigeria aims to build the ultimate football professionally, modelling the kids in the “Juventus Way“. The academy focuses on the technical and tactical part of the game, as well as the mental, social and emotional aspects.

The Juventus Academy also presents opportunities for outstanding students to participate at the Juventus World Cup, which is held in Italy in June every year and features teams from Juve academies all over the world.

As at the 2022-2023 season, the tuition fee for the Juventus Academy is N270,000 for Under-9’s and N330,000 for Under-11s and Under-13s.

Real Madrid Football Academy

Based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, the Real Madrid Football Academy is a state-of-the-art facility that includes a football pitch, swimming pool and even a basketball court.

The academy was set up to harness and develop budding footballers in the state, and by extension, in the country.

Officially launched in September 2019, the academy is jointly owned by Spanish football giants, Real Madrid and the Rivers State Government.

During the official opening of the academy, the Rivers State Government announced that 70% of students in the school would be from the state, with the remaining 30% coming from other parts of the country.

The Real Madrid academy is not just about helping youngsters develop their football skills, it is an all-round academy that combines sports and education.

The establishment of a Real Madrid academy in Nigeria means that Spain’s two biggest football clubs- Real and Barcelona- both have academies in Nigeria.

This article was updated 3 months ago

BEFORE YOU GO...

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Copyright © – 2024 CIV DigiTech Media Ltd. All Rights Reserved