Change Android IMEI Number: How to Change All Android MTK IMEI Without Rooting or Using PC.
This article was written with the aim of guiding you on how to change any mtk android device imei number without pc, change android imei number without rooting it or having root access on it. Using Glo, Etisalat or Airtel BIS (Blackberry Instant Subscription) on your android device is not the only reason for changing your android imei number to blackberry imei on tecno, gionee, infinix, innjoo, xiaomi, htc and samsung android device.
I was recently notified of a situation some android users are facing. According to an old friend, he restarted his phone only to see imei failed and can’t use his mtk device to make call, browse or even text message irrespective of any network he insert into it. I asked him if he flashed his phone or installed any custom rom recently, but he did not even know what all those means.
My friend’s scenario and others who might be facing this issue, is what gave birth to this post. To allow less techy guys easily change android imei number without rooting it or using PC. This method of changing android imei number works on all android device running on mtk chipset/processor.
It is also for those who are scared to change android imei number, because they think it will brick their device when updating system software. If you use this method to change android imei number, your device can still receive and install the latest ota software updates without the fear of bricking the device.
How to Change Android IMEI Number Without Rooting or Using Pc.
There are series of software/app that you can use to change your mediatek imei number even without using Pc or rooting your device. The best and easy to use is mtk engineering mode and it can be installed from Play Store.
But in case you have mobile uncle tools installed on your android device, you can navigate to mtk engineering mode settings on it and follow this steps below. Also you can access your device mtk settings and change android imei using *#*#3646633#*#* USSD code.
Before you change android imei number, make sure you back up the old one. dial *#06# and screenshot or write down the two imei number that pops up. You can also back it up and restore later with mobile uncle, but that is a story for another day.
- Launch Mobile Uncle tools and tap on Engineer Mode. Then tap on Engineer Mode (MTK) and you should have access to your mediatek settings. Continue from step 3 to change android imei number.
- If you are using MTK Engineering Mode directly, launch it and tap on MTK Settings.
- You will land on “Telephony” menu, swipe to the left once and you will land on Connectivity menu.
- Tap on CDS information, then tap on Radio information and you will arrive on a page that have Phone 1 and Phone 2.
- Phone 1 means Sim 1 and Phone 2 Means Sim 2, depending on which Sim imei you want to change.
- Tap on either phone 1 or phone 2, then tap on the AT+ bar and your keyboard will pop up. You few steps away to change android imei number.
- Type letter E to bring up some options like AT+EGMR=1,7,”” which is for Sim 1 and the second option is for sim 2 which is AT+EGMR=1,10,””.
- Put a space between AT and +, delete the last inverted comma (to look like this AT +EGMR=1,7,”), put the new imei number and put back the inverted comma (like this AT +EGMR=1,7,”new imei number” for sim one and like this AT +EGMR=1,10,”new imei number” for sim 2).
- Tap on SEND AT COMMAND and you will see a notification close to the bottom of your device that says “At Command msent”.
- Reboot your device or turn On airplane mode and Off once. Verify you have successfully change android imei number by dialing *#06#.
- There must be SIM card inside your phone before you can change android imei number.
- Changing of your android IMEI number is an offense in some countries, i will not be held responsible for any consequences that arise when you change android imei number.
- Also remember to backup your old/follow come mtk imei. Dial *#06# and screenshot or write down the numbers.
- If you get No IMEI response when you dial *#06#, search for your device imei number on google and use.
There are other apps you can use to change android imei number without rooting. You can download xposed imei changer from playstore to change android imei number to blackberry imei, you can use chamelephon (also available on Play Store) for changing your android imei number without pc.
Chamelephon is used to change imei number of some android phone running android 5.0 lollipop and above. Just type in new imei number and apply >> reboot your device and you are done. Chamelephon requires your phone to be rooted though. To change android imei on rooted device, you can also use terminal emulator.
There you have it on how to change android imei number for both rooted, non rooted devices without rooting or using Pc. There is love in sharing, kindly make use of our social sharing buttons below. Issues while Change android imei number? Drop in the comment below.