Clear Cache on Pc 2016: What is Cache and how to Clear it on Chrome, Firefox, Uc Browser, Internet Explorer & MS Edge.
When you visit a website, your browser cached all aforementioned documents which in turn makes it load faster when you visited again. When you are visiting the website the second time, it only download the updated files. Documents like logo and other things that do not change from one page of a website to another are already in your cache and will not bother downloading it again. Today’s tutorial is on how to clear cache on all Pc browsers.
You might be wondering why you need to clear cache when it actually helps to load webpages faster. The reasons are:
- There are many website you might never visit again and their files are taking much of your hard drive space.
- Also, browser cache are cleared because sometimes they won’t just download fresh document of a website even though it has change since the last time.
- Another reason is that some website cached copy are only partial and can cause problem the next time you visit them.
- Finally, if somebody with computer/browser technical know how access your cache data, he/she might be able to know the websites you have visited in the past or worse.
1.) Clear Cache in Google Chrome 2016 – Step by Step Guide.
- Click on the Hamburger menu icon at the top right corner of your chrome browser.
- Hover your mouse on More tools option and click on Clear Browsing data.
- A new window will pop up and you can clear other browsing data like history, cookies etc. along side Cache.
- To only clear cache in Google chrome, just check only the box behind Cached images and files. To clear everything in your browser cache, select the beginning of time from the drop down menu.
- Then click on Clear Browsing Data button.
That’s all on how to clear chrome browser’s cache.
2.) Clear Cache on Firefox Browser.
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the hamburger Menu icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on History.
- Click on Clear Recent History from the history page.
- Change the Time range to clear from Last hour to Everything, from the pop up window.
- Check only the Cache box from the list and click on Clear Now.
- Congratulations, you have just cleared firefox browser cache.
How to Change Cache Disk Space Limit on Mozilla Firefox.
Apart from clearing your firefox cache, you can also configure the amount of disk space allocated to cache. If you allocate 100MB of your disk space to firefox cache, once it stores website data above 100MB it will replace the less re-visited website cache with new ones.
In case you want to increase or reduce the amount of cache firefox can store, follow the steps below.
- Click on the hamburger Menu option again and click on Options.
- Click on Advanced from the Options page.
- Under Cached Web Content, input the amount of space you want to allocate into the box in front of Limit cache to (in MB).
There you have it on how to clear cache on firefox browser.
3.) How to Clear Cache in Internet Explorer 11 Browser.
If you are running internet explorer on your PC, you can clear cache;
- To make it load/run faster.
- To free space on your hard disk.
- To fix inability of a web browser to perform some of its primary function as a result of corrupted files stored in cache.
Though there are also disadvantages of clearing a web browser cache, but its advantages outweigh them. Follow below guide on how to clear cache in internet explorer 2016.
- Launch internet explorer.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on Internet Options from the list of options that appears.
- Click on Delete under Browsing history section of General Tab.
- A new window will pop up; tick the box behind Temporary Internet files and website files to clear cache in internet explorer 11.
- Finally, click on Delete.
If you wish to clear other data like history, passwords, form data etc, tick the small box behind them and click on delete.
There you have it on how to clear cache in internet explorer.
4.) How to Clear Cache in UC Browser 2016.
To clear cache on UC browser, follow the steps below carefully.
- Click on the menu button at the top left corner of the browser. Yeah, unlike most browsers, its menu button is on the left corner.
- Click on Settings, a new page will load up.
- On the left pane, click on Other and click on Clear browsing data under Privacy heading.
- New window will pop up and you can select which browsing data you wish to clear.
- To clear UC browser Cache, tick the small box behind Cached images and files. You can then tick the box for other browsing data like cookies, Passwords, autofill form data, browsing and download history you want to clear.
- To clear everything in your UC Web browser cache, select the beginning of time from the drop down menu. Otherwise, use the drop down menu to choose your preference.
- Finally, click on clear browsing data and you are done.
To automatically clear UC Web browser every time you close it, tick the box behind Clear browsing data on exit.
That’s all on how to clear cache in Uc web browser.
5.) How to Clear Cache in Microsoft Edge.
- At the top right corner of Microsoft edge browser, click on the more action button.
- Click on Settings.
- Under Clear browsing Data, click on Choose what to clear button.
- Check the box behind Cached data and files, then click on the Clear button to clear cache in microsoft edge.
- You can also choose to clear other data like cookies, browsing history, password and form data. Just check the box behind them and click on clear.
- You can also toggle on the slider that says Always clear this when i close the browser. Then check the browsing data you will want to clear every time you close microsoft edge.
That is all on how to clear cache on all Pc browsers. Kindly use the comment box to share this tutorial.