Do Not Disturb: Airtel, Glo & 9mobile Do Not Disturb Feature to Stop Receiving Unsolicited SMS and Promotional Voice Calls.
Airtel Nigeria, Glo Nigeria and 9mobile has joined MTN Nigeria in the launch of Do Not Disturb (DND) feature to allow customers opt out of receiving unsolicited sms and promotional calls. You will learn how to subscribe to do not disturb list later in this article.
Couple of weeks ago, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) launched a platform called do not disturb feature to allow users opt out from receiving unsolicited calls and sms for marketing purposes.
NCC also direct all Nigerian telecommunication companies (Telcos) which include mtn, airtel, glo and etisalat to integrate the platform in to their respective network and release guide on how their customers can subscribe into their DND (no not disturb) list.
We have previously discuss about mtn dnd here, now we will talk about airtel, glo and 9mobile dnd feature and list.
Do Not Disturb Feature Set Up Guide for Airtel, Glo and 9mobile.
To fully opt into do not disturb on airtel, 9mobile & Glo and be added to their various DND list, just text STOP to 2442 as a message on your airtel, glo or 9mobile sim card.
Nigerian Telcos Do Not Disturb feature is of two types, there is a partial mode and there is a full mode. The full mode stops all promotional messages and calls, while the partial mode allow you to block only certain categories of the unsolicited calls and messages.
To flip through all available airtel, 9mobile and glo do not disturb options (Fully and Partial Blocked mode), text HELP to 2442 from your line.
To block just some categories of promotional calls and messages, use the sms keywords below to do so. Just text the one you want to 2442.
- STOP: To stop all SMS and IVR messages.
- ALLOW: To receive all SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 1: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS.
- SMS 2: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 3: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 4: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 5: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 6: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 7: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 8: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 9: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages.
- STATUS: To check airtel, 9mobile and glo do not disturb feature status.
This service is free of charge for both activation and deactivation.
Everything that has a start eventually have to end at one point in time and this article is at that point. Your take on airtel, 9mobile and glo do not disturb feature in the comment below. Those who has already opted into any Nigerian network DND list should also tell us his/her experience.
Finally, do not forget to share this article with friends, family and relatives using the social share buttons below.