Few days ago, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) launched a platform called Do Not Disturb (DND) feature and direct all Nigerian Telecommunication companies (Telcos) to release a guide on how their customers can opt in to their respective do not disturb list. Hence, MTN Do Not Disturb feature was announced and below is how to opt into mtn dnd list.
According to the definition set forth by Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Do Not Disturb (DND) is a platform created to allow customer (mtn,glo,airtel and etisalat) opt out from receiving unsolicited calls and sms for marketing purposes.
To stop receiving promotional messages and calls for 3rd Party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc.) on MTN Nigeria, you need to opt out from these services by adding your number to Do Not Disturb list.
Set Up Guide: MTN Do Not Disturb Feature and List
There are two versions of MTN DND, there is a full blocked mode and a partial version.
Full Blocked Mode: This mode of do not disturb feature allows mtn customers to totally Opt Out from receiving promotional messages and calls via SMS and IVR.
Partially Blocked: This version allow you to select which of the promotional services you want to continue receiving.
To browse through all available options on the Full and Partial Blocked mode of mtn DND, text HELP to 2442 using your mtn line.
Also, you can use the below SMS code to manage do not disturb feature. Use any of the SMS keywords below to stop receiving all or part of mtn 3rd party promotional services.
- STOP: To stop all SMS and IVR messages. You can also do so via mtn DND portal: (https://donotdisturb.mtnonline.com:8081/vasportal)
- ALLOW: To receive all SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 1: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS.
- SMS 2: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 3: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 4: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 5: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 6: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 7: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 8: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 9: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages.
- STATUS: To check mtn (DND) status.
How to Deactivate Do Not Disturb Feature
To deactivate/cancel/opt out of do not disturb on mtn (allow promotional call and sms), text Allow to 2442.
Points to Note:
- This service is free of charge for both activation and deactivation.
- Promotional messages for MTN services are not affected by do not disturb feature. It only affects 3rd party services e.g. VAS, Bulk SMS etc.
What is take on mtn do not disturb feature? Will you be adding your number to do not disturb list on mtn Nigeria? Your opinion in the comment box. This is quite different from other telecom DND, therefore guide for the other three telcos will be posted soon.