Extract Apk from Android: How to Get Apk File from Installed Apps on any Android Device.
APK file is an Android file format that can be used to install apps and games outside playstore. It is similar to windows EXE. Today, i will guide you on how you can get apk from installed android apps. There are different ways to do this, some of them even require you to root your Android device. Things are so easy nowadays that you might not need to root your android phone or tablet to use features that require rooting some years back. We will share the easiest and best three apps to extract apk from android phones.
How to Extract APK File from Installed Android Apps.
You see, Android operating system is by far the best and most customizable mobile operating system in the world in my own opinion and that of about 70% of smartphone users running on Android operating system. APK is an acronym for application package. Just like .exe is for windows and .dmg for mac, .apk is a program installer for android OS, a file format type that is used to distribute and install software on an android device.
Below are the top three reasons why you might want to know how to extract apk from android phones and tablets. We can then talk about the three best apps to extract apk file from installed android apps.
1.) To Install Apps outside Google Play Store: Some smartphones can’t access Play Store, so you can transfer the extracted apk file to them. But the main reason of installing outside PlayStore is that there are numerous amazing apps out there, that you will never find on Google Play Store.
2.) To Save your Smartphone Memory: You can confidently un-install less used apps on your phone if you have extracted apk file from the installed version. All you have to do is install it back anytime you need them.
3.) To take a Backup of your Favorite App: You can get apk from installed app and transfer it to your computer, email or save it on any of your cloud accounts.
Best Three Apps to Extract APK from Android Phones.
There are many other apps that can be used to extract apk file from installed android apps, but i have hand picked these three, because they are the best and the easiest to use.
1.) Airdroid File Manager.
Airdroid is a free to use file manager that allow you to access and manage your Android phone or tablet from Windows, Mac or the Web wirelessly. Apart from that, you can also use it to back up installed app which in turn will extract apk from android apps already installed.
To extract an apk file using airdroid file manager,
- Navigate to Google Play Store and install AirDroid.
- Open Airdroid and connect your android device to your computer as always.
- Click on the apps icon >> select the apps whose apk you want to extract >> Download.
- Airdroid will extract the apk file of all the selected apps and save them in a single zip file.
2.) Assistant for Android.
Assistant for Android is one of the most powerful and comprehensive management tools to improve your android phone’s performance. It can serves as a Process manager, Cache cleaner, File manager etc. Assistant for Android is a popular android app.
To extract apk from android using Assistance for Android,
- Navigate to Play Store to install Assistance for Android.
- Open it up >> Tools >> Backup and Restore >> Select the apps whose apk file you want to extract >> Backup.
- The backup folder will be stored in sd card under Assistant for Android folder.
3.) ES File Explorer.
ES file explorer is a popular android file manager, but it is actually more than a file manager. It can also be used to extract apk from android phones.
To get apk file from installed apps using ES file Explorer,
- Open up your Google Play Store and install ES File explorer.
- Launch ES file explorer >> Go to the tool menu >> App manager >> Select the apps whose apk you want to extract >> Backup.
- ES file explorer will extract apk file from installed android apps selected and save them in backup folder on your phone SD card.
That’s it on how to extract apk from android apps. Kindly share this tutorial using the social buttons below.