Quick access is a windows 10 feature that allows you to easily access frequently and recently visited folders and files respectively. If you are among those who quick access doesn’t work on their PC or stops working after some time, here are two different methods you can use to fix quick access not working in windows 10.
How to Fix Quick Access not Working Windows 10.
Windows 10 quick access broken, quick access empty, Windows 10 quick access not working or stops working can be fix with two methods:
- By Disabling And Enabling Quick Access.
- By Deleting Quick Access Files
Fix Windows 10 Quick Access Not Working By Disabling And Enabling Quick Access.
If your windows 10 Pc quick access stops working, the first thing you should do is disable quick access and enable it back and check if it fix the issue. Doing this is like restarting/resetting windows 10 quick access.
- Open file explorer and right click on quick access at the top left pane of the file explorer window.
- Click on Options to access Folder Options.
- You should land on General Tab. If not, click on general.
- There are three options under the general tab, we are only interested in the Privacy option (the last option under general tab).
- Un-check those two boxes under Privacy option in General tab.
- Click Apply and then Ok. This will makes windows 10 stop displaying the recently and frequently used files and folders in quick access.
- Enable quick access back by checking the two boxes, click on Apply and Ok again to confirm the changes.
- Quick access should resume work.
- Clearing quick access history also fix this issue. Just click on the clear button in front of “Clear file explorer history” under Privacy option.
- You can also click on the Restore Defaults button to fix quick access not working in windows 10.
Fix Quick Access Not Working In Windows 10 By Deleting Quick Access History.
Though this is similar to clearing quick access history as explained in the first method, it has proven to be more effective and fix the issue of windows 10 quick access not working when the first method fails to do so.
- Navigate to file explorer on your windows 10 PC.
- Paste the below paths into the address bar and press the enter key.
- Click on any of the files, press and hold ctrl + A key to select all files in each of these paths, right click and delete.
- Visit the two paths above and delete all the files inside them as explained above.
- Restart your computer and your quick access should resume work.
That’s it on how to fix a broken quick access in Windows 10. Let’s us know if you were able to fix quick access not working in Windows 10 issues with this methods.