How to Install APK File on Android Phones and Tablets.
An APK file is an android file format used for installing software be it a game or app on a device running on the Android operating system. First we are going to explain what apk files are, how to install apk file on android and how to install apk from PC to phone.
With this file, you can customize your android device beyond your own imagination. It is also useful if you want to install some apps that have been leaked ahead of their official release from platforms other than the Play Store. You can also download apps that can no longer be found or have been removed from Google Play Store. You will also rely on APK file to download apps for your Android device assuming it lacks access to Play store. Having explained what APK files are, we can now proceed to how to install apk on android directly and how to install apk file from PC to phone.
How to Install Android App From APK Files
APK file may be found in numerous places online and some might contain malicious software (Malware) which may pose security threat to your private information. Therefore, i will recommend you always download an APK file from a trusted site like XDA developer’s forum and apkmirror. Even from these aforementioned sites, you should try and read review or comment of people who had already downloaded and install the apk files in question before you go ahead and install it on your own device.
There are two different ways to install APK file in Android device
- You can install apk from PC to phone.
- Install apk files directly from your android device.
How to Install APK File from PC to Phone.
If you are to install APK an apk file from PC to phone, it means you have already searched for the APK file online and downloaded it to your PC, the next thing is to install the apk file on your android device.
- Before you can install an android app from apk file, you must Enable Unknown Sources (Navigate to your device Settings >> Security >> check “Unknown Sources” box) on your Android device. Doing this allow you to install Apps that are not from Play store and you can disable it after installing the app.
- Connect the Android device to your PC and you will see a pop up (Android Stock Rom and some custom rom) asking if you want to charge your device only or rather use it as a media device.
- Select the media device option, navigate to the download location of the apk file and copy it to the root of your Android device SD card.
- Disconnect or unplug your android device from your PC, navigate to your SD card and tap on the apk file. Then tap on Install.
That’s all, an application that can be used on android will be installed on your phone.
Install APK Files Directly from Your Phone.
The computer method was just in case you came across an APK file you found interesting and downloaded while surfing the web with your PC, but you don’t have to go through all those stress.
- To install apk file on android device directly from your browser, go to a trusted site and search for the APK file you want to download and Tap on it.
- At the top bar of your android device, you should then be able to see it downloading.
- Once downloaded, navigate to your download folder and tap on the .apk file.
- Tap on install and also tap on Yes when required. The app will start installing on your device. That’s all.
This tutorial is completely for the newbies, those who just started using android operating system and needed to install android apps from apk files.
There you have it on how to install apk file. Feel free to keep the conversation alive via the comment box. Also, do not forget to share this article.