How to Install MIUI 8 ROM (Global Beta) on any Xiaomi Device.
It is so disappointing to tell you that the wait isn’t over yet. Yes, Xiaomi released MIUI 8 global beta rom 6.7.5 few days ago and some has started getting it as an update via OTA. But the global beta rom of MIUI 8 that xiaomi released is only for five devices. Other device promised to receive the update are said to receive it sometime in the nearest future. For those with device that can get the global beta rom (MIUI 8), here is series of ways to install MIUI 8 ROM.
Since they promised the MIUI 8 global stable ROM will be released on August 16, MIUI 8 global beta rom for other devices should be released weeks before that. This article will guide you on how to install MIUI 8 ROM (Global beta and global stable) on your device.
We will also touch how to migrate from MIUI 7 global stable rom to MIUI 8 global beta rom and also move from MIUI 7 global beta rom to MIUI 8 global stable rom. You can do this using Xiaomi Updater app, using the MI Pc suite and by flashing the rom using xiaomi stock recovery tools.
How to Install MIUI 8 ROM (Global Beta/Stable) Using Updater App.
Xiaomi MIUI 8 Global beta rom released few days ago is only available for five devices, namely; Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi 2, Mi Max (32GB) variant, Redmi Note 3G. Updated: Xiaomi added two new devices in less than 24 hours. (Redmi Note 2 and Mi 4i). Updated: Now available for all supported devices.
If you are using MIUI 7/7.1/7.2 global beta rom, you can install MIUI 8 global beta rom easily using Xiaomi updater app (OTA). But if you are running the global stable rom of MIUI 7/7.1/7.2, you will need to download the full MIUI 8 beta update for your device from en.miui.com and flash it to your device using recovery (we are going there, relax).
- Open Xiaomi updater app on your device. It is usually inside the tools folder.
- Then tap on the Check for update button at the mid-bottom of the app.
- The updater app will list all the available update (if any) for your device and you should see MIUI 8 Global beta ROM.
- Tap on the Update button at the mid-bottom of the screen and it will start downloading the update.
- Tap on Reboot Now button to install MIUI 8 ROM once the download is completed.
- Congratulations, the next time you see your device display, it will be running the latest MIUI 8 beta version with lot of awesome features explained here.
How to Flash/Install MIUI 8 ROM (Global Beta/Stable) Using Mi PC Suite.
This method won’t work if your device is running china developer ROM. You can use the device to update MIUI 7 global beta rom to miui 8 global beta rom and miui 7 global stable rom to miui 8 global stable rom just like the above method.
Since we are talking about installing MIUI 8 ROM, those with device running the global stable rom of MIUI 7 will have to use the third method to install miui 8 rom (global beta) on their device.
- Download Mi Pc Suite and install it on your windows computer. It is compatible with windows 10/7/8/8.1.
- Power off your device and boot in to fast boot mode (hold the power button + volume down button together).
- Connect your Xiaomi device to a windows computer with a USB cable and launch Mi Pc Suite.
- It should detect your device immediately. Tap on Update at the top right corner the Mi Pc Suite.
- A new screen will appear saying Update Available. Tap on the Update Now to start flashing MIUI 8 global beta rom on your device.
- Once the flashing is completed, disconnect your Xiaomi device from the Pc. You have successfully flash/install MIUI 8 rom (Global beta).
How to Install MIUI 8 ROM (Global Beta/Stable) via Recovery.
Yeah, we are here folks. The universal method to install MIUI 8 rom be it a global beta or global stable on any Xiaomi device running MIUI firmware.
First you need to do full back up of all your apps and data to your SDcard before you start.
Then boot into recovery mode (power off your device and hold power + volume down button together) and wipe all user data.
- Navigate to en.miui.com >> Download tab >> select your device >> download MIUI 8 global beta rom or global stable rom.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the root directory of your SD card.
- Now launch Xiaomi updater app and tap on the the three horizontal dotted at the top right corner of the app.
- Few options will pop up, tap on Choose Update package and select the rom you transferred to the root of your sd card.
- The flashing process will begin and will install MIUI 8 rom on your device.
Were you able to install MIUI 8 ROM (global beta/stable) on your device? What do you have to say about Xiaomi decision to release MIUI 8 Global beta rom for only five devices today? All your opinion, complain and inquiry inside the comment box below. Have fun.