How to Root Infinix Note 3 X601/Pro X537 and Port TWRP Recovery Image.
Infinix Note 3 and its Pro version are the latest phones from Infinix mobility, though the pro version is not yet available in Nigeria. This article will guide you on how to easily install/port twrp recovery and root infinix Note 3 X601 and Note 3 X537.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Infinix Note 3.
- Download Infinix Note 3 Pro TWRP Recovery.
- Download SP Flash Tool.
- Download and Install Vcom Drivers.
- Windows Computer and USB Cable.
How to Flash or Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Note 3 X601 and X537.
I will assume you have successfully installed Mediatek Vcom driver on your Windows Pc. Activate developer options on your phone by navigating to Settings >> About Phone >> Build number >> Tap on Build number 5-8 times depending on your phone manufacturer until you see notification that you are now a developer.
You need to first port the twrp image before you can root infinix note 3 (Pro).
- Extract the downloaded TWRP recovery file for your own device (note 3 or its Pro version) to desktop.
- Extract the SP flash tool to your desktop, open the extracted folder and run the flash_tool.exe as administrator.
- Click on scatter-loading at top the right corner of SP flash, go to infinix note 3 (pro) twrp recovery image folder and select the scatter.txt.
- Untick all other options on SP flash tool except Recovery.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device. Go to Settings >> Developer Options and check the box behind USB Debugging.
- Switch off your Infinix note 3 or note 3 pro, click on Download at the top left corner of SP flash tool and quickly connect the device to your Pc with USB cable.
- The porting or installation of TWRP recovery on infinix note 3 (pro) will start, and a Green button will appear once the process is completed.
- Unplug your phone from Pc and close SP Flash tool.
Yeah, you are done with flashing of TWRP recovery image for Note 3 X601 and X537. Now it is time to root the device.
Root Infinix Note 3 X601 and Note 3 Pro X537.
- Place/Move the SuperSu.Zip file to the root of your phone/internal memory. Meaning it shouldn’t be inside any folder.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up and Power button together.
- From the available options, select install zip from sdcard. Use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select an option.
- Look for SuperSu.Zip and select it to flash it and root your phone. Once the flashing/installation is completed, boot up your phone using the power button.
- You can confirm your device is rooted by navigating to Play Store and install Root checker.
That’s all folks on how to root infinix note 3 (Pro) and flash/install/port twrp recovery image on it. Kindly make use of the comment box and social sharing buttons below.