How to Stop, Disable or Turn Off Auto-Play Videos on Facebook.
Automatic Playing Videos on Facebook: In this article, you will learn how to disable, turn off, or stop auto-play videos on Facebook.
With global Alexa rank of 2, Facebook is considered the second most visited website in the world after the search giant (Google) and it is followed by YouTube. Facebook is also the most visited social sites in the world.
One unique thing about Facebook is the way it connect people from different part of the world together irrespective of where they resides, the language they speaks or the culture and traditions. But, there are some cons of Facebook that can’t be overlooked and one of them is the automatic playing of videos on Facebook.
Facebook Automatically playing of videos can exhaust your data bundle quickly and also drain up your battery quickly. Below is a step by step guide on how you can turn off auto-play videos on Facebook. Both on Android, iOS and PC.
How to Disable Facebook Video Auto-Playing on Android.
As we all know, Facebook settings differs a little across different platforms. To disable auto-play videos on Facebook Android app, follow the steps below.
- Open up your Android Facebook App.
- Tap on the Menu (Three Horizontal lines) button at the top right corner of the App.
- Scroll down to Help and Settings and Tap App Settings.
- Under General Settings, tap on Autoplay.
- Video auto-play has three options; On Mobile Data & Wi-Fi Connections, On Wi-Fi Connections Only, Never Auto-Play Videos.
- Select “Never Auto-Play Videos to turn off the feature for life. I am sure you know what the rest means.
That’s all on the guide to disable auto-play videos on Facebook Android App.
How to Stop Facebook Auto-Play Videos on iOS.
iOS is the operating system running on iPhone and iPad. Just like Android, video auto-play is enabled by default on Facebook iOS app. Follow the steps below to disable facebook video-auto-play on iOS.
- Open up Facebook on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Downward Triangle at the top right corner of the app.
- Navigate to Settings >> Videos and Photos >> Auto-Play.
- Select “Never Auto-Play Videos” to permanently disable auto-play on Facebook iOS app. You can also select from other two options; On Mobile Data & Wi-Fi Connections or On Wi-Fi Connections Only.
There you have it on how disable video auto-play on Facebook iOS app.
How to Turn Off Auto-Play Videos on Facebook PC/Web.
Auto-Playing of videos is automatically disabled by default on PC and there is no way to turn it On. It used to be turned On by default and you can use the steps below to turn it Off.
- To turn off auto-play videos on Facebook, click on the menu button.
- Navigate to Settings >> Videos >> Auto Play Videos. Select Off from the drop-down Menu.
- But you actually don’t need it, since it is disabled by default.
I am sure you can now easily stop, disable or turn off auto-play videos on Facebook app for Android, iOS and on PC. Stay tuned on how to turn off auto-play on YouTube, Twitter, Windows 10, Firefox, Chrome and LinkedIn.