Infinix Zero 5 upheld the tradition of its predecessors in launch month, specs wise, features and cheap price for its market base.
It comes with a pro variant with discrepancies only in internal storage.
The Launch of Zero 5 (Plus).
Infinix mobile went the way of tecno mobile to launch their 2017 flagship product outside their market base (Africa).
You will remember that Tecno mobile’s 2016 and 2017 flagships were both launched in Dubai, UAE. Talking of the Tecno phantom 6 and Tecno phantom 8 respectively.
After securing huge customer base in africa, they are currently targeting Dubai as an initial effort to share the smartphone market in the middle east.
This isn’t a surprise since both tecno and infinix have the same parent company.
The zero 5 and its pro version were unveiled at an event in Dubai, United Arab Emirate (UAE) on the 14th of November 2017.
This was about the same time infinix zero 4 and zero 4 plus were announced to the world at the best western starfire hotel, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria in 2016.
And that guys was one of the reasons i earlier said the zero 5 upheld the flagship’s line tradition.
Selling Points of the Device.
The 2017 flagships boast of some features that has never been seen on any infinix phones before.
Here are the major specs.
- Ram: 6GB RAM.
- Rom: 64GB and 128GB (Zero 5 Plus).
- Camera: Dual rear camera (12MP + 13MP) set up with OIS, optical & digital Zoom. Lot of other features build on top.
- Processor: 2.6GHz 8-cores MediaTek Helio P25.
- Display: 5.98″ FHD IPS with corning gorilla 2.5D glass 3.
- Battery: 4350 mAh.
- Operating system: XOS 3.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Upgradable to 8.0 Orea.
- Connectivity: USB Type C, Dual micro SIM, Sdcard slot, 4G LTE.
Below are the contents of the box.
- Zero 5 or Zero 5 Plus. Available in Bordeaux red, Sandstone black and Champagne gold colors.
- Sim Ejector.
- User Manual & Warranty Card.
- Transparent Protective Case.
- In-Ear Headset.
- USB Cable (Type C).
- Micro USB to USB Type C Connector.
- Fast Charger.
Infinix Zero 5 Specs & Review.
To be sincere, infinix mobile really went out of their way with the zero 5.
Build: Display & Design.
Zero 5 is a 5.98-inch IPS display smartphone with 1080 x 1920 pixels screen resolution (Full HD) and 368 ppi pixel density.
Even though i believe they can do better with the display. Most brand’s flagship now featured atleast FHD+. We have seen flagships with Quad HD.
But the display in real life is brighter and has contrast ratio higher than most FHD out there. Better than the Phantom 8.
Its body is made of metal (aluminium) with diamond cutting edges. The metal is stylishly crafted with smooth and elegant design to give premium feel, look and grip.
The awesome display has curved 2.5D corning gorilla glass 3 protecting it from scratch.
Above the screen display are;
- Selfie Camera.
- Led Flash Light.
- Ear Piece.
- Sensors: Ambient & Proximity.
The usual capacitive buttons have been replaced with on screen buttons.
Infinix left the top of the device un-drilled and moved all the holes to the bottom. Talking of the;
- USB Type C port.
- Speaker grills.
- 3.5mm Audio Port.
It is 7.95mm thin, weighs 197 gram and adopt the 16:9 aspect ratio view seen on the infinix zero 4 plus.
It is disappointing, considering flagship phones launched months before the zero 5 featured the trending 18:9 full view display.
The bezel-less sides, top and bottom would have been a prefect reason for replacing the capacitive buttons with on-screen navigation buttons.
The rear hosts;
- The dual Camera.
- Dual Led Flash.
- Fingerprint Scanner.
At the right sides are the power button, volume up & down button and dual micro sim tray slot. The left side house the sdcard tray slot.
Performance: Operating System, Processor & Storage.
It runs on XOS (infinix custom firmware) version 3.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
As at the time of its launch, there was Xiaomi Mi A1 and few other phones running on the latest Android 8.0 Orea.
However, the zero 5 and its plus variant are scheduled to receive upgrade to Orea as OTA (over the air) update.
It is powered by an Octa Core MediaTek Helio P25 with speed at 2.6GHz. Just like the Tecno Phantom 8.
With the support of Mali GPU, this phone can handle anything you throw at it from gaming to multi-tasking without any glitch or lag.
Still a disappointment that infinix 2017 flagship is powered by an MTK device. That might change this year though considering the entering of infinix mobile into the snapdragon world with the infinix hot S3.
Overall performance is complimented with a 6GB DDR4-X RAM, 64GB internal memory for zero 5 and 128GB internal storage for zero 5 plus. There is also a separate SDcard slot that support up to 2TB.
The 6GB ram means swift response to commands from booting up & powering off to instant switch between apps.
User Experience: Camera, Battery & Connectivity.
It is the first time we are seeing dual camera set up on a device from infinix mobile. Both the rear and front camera are one of the selling point of this device.
This device uses dual Sony and Samsung camera at its rear accompanied by a dual led flash.
There is a primary Sony IMX386 12MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture & 1.25 um pixel size. It offers Optical image stabilization (OIS).
The secondary rear camera is a Samsung S5K3M3 13MP sensor with telephoto lens, f/2.6 aperture & 1.0 um pixel size. It offers 2x optical zoom and portrait mode.
The front facing or selfie camera as most people will call it, is 16MP with single led flash.
Features of the camera include 10x digital zoom, 2x optical zoom, OIS, Auto HDR, 1080p video recording, portrait, panorama, time lapse, beauty, night and professional mode.
Both camera take stunning pictures in well lighted environment but the picture quality of the front facing camera reduced (but still great) in low light.
Zero 5 packed a large 4350mAh battery capacity. With battery efficient processor and highly customized XOS v3.0, you can easily get more than a full day on moderate use.
It also support X-Charge which means your 4350 mAh battery will get fully charged faster. Though not as fast as the infinix note 4 pro.
Supports USB Type C, dual micro sim, OTG, 4G LTE, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi (hotspot and direct).
Infinix Zero 5 Price in Nigeria.
You can order for this device online from Jumia and slot Nigeria. You can also visit various offline shops and stores across the country.
- Zero 5 Price: N105,000 – 110,000 Naira.
- Zero 5 Pro Price: N120,000 – 130,000 Naira.
Below are the full specifications of the 2017 zero flagships.
- Dimension: 166.4 x 82.4 x 7.95 mm.
- Screen size: 5.98-inch IPS with curved 2.5D Glass.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (FHD).
- Pixel Density: 368 PPI.
- Body: Full Metal.
- 2G: Yes.
- 3G: Yes.
- 4G: Yes.
- SIM Type: Dual Micro SIM.
Operating System & Processor.
- Android version: XOS 3.0 Based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Upgradable to Orea.
- Processor Type: Mediatek Helio P25.
- Processor Speed: 2.6GHz Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali.
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP + 13MP camera with dual Led Flash .
- Video Recording: 1080p@30fps.
- Front Camera: 16MP with Led flash.
- Features: 10x digital zoom, 2x optical zoom, OIS, Auto HDR, 1080p video recording, portrait, panorama, time lapse, beauty, night and professional mode.
- RAM: 6GB.
- Internal Storage Memory: 64GB / 128GB (On-board Zero 5 Plus).
- SD card Slot: Yes, support up to 2TB.
- 4350 mAh Li-Ion.
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass, Light, Fingerprint, Gyroscope, Voice Control, Intelligent Digital Assistant.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- USB: USB Type-C, OTG support.
- GPS: A-GPS.
- Wi-Fi: WI Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi direct, hotspot.
- Audio/Music Support: MP3, EAAC, WMA, WAV.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MMV, MP4, H.263, H.264.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bordeaux Red, Sandstone Black and Champagne Gold.
There you have it fellas on zero 5 and zero 5 pro from infinix mobile. Do let’s know what you think in the comment box. Kindly make use of the social sharing buttons.