MIUI 8 Global Stable Rom Start Rolling Out: Check out Full Features and How to Install on Any Compatible Xiaomi Device.
One of the largest, most respected and popular smart phone manufacturer (Xiaomi) in China, starts the roll out of the latest update of their custom rom/firmware today (Tuesday, 23rd August 2016). Xiaomi MIUI 8 was officially launched in May 2016 as MIUI 8 China Beta Rom, It was later launched in India along side Xiaomi Mi Max as MIUI 8 Global Beta Rom and now the wait is over. As at this morning, Xiaomi MIUI 8 Global Stable Rom has started rolling out to some of the supported/compatible devices across the world. If you are waiting for the global stable build of the new MIUI 8, the wait is over.
MIUI 8 Global Stable Rom Supported Devices and OTA Schedule.
If you are using Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, you can now navigate to your updater app and check for update. You can also navigate to (http://en.miui.com/download.html), choose your device and download the latest iteration of MIUI rom.
Some Redmi Note 2 and Redmi 2 will also receive miui 8 global stable rom today while the rest of the supported devices will receive the update by August 25th.
Here are all Xiaomi devices that are compatible with miui 8 global stable build. Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S/Prime, Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi Max 32GB.
Highlight of New Features of MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM.
The new MIUI 8 update was scheduled to be available as global stable rom by August 16, but due to unknown reason(s) to us, the update was postponed till now.
- Create scrolling screenshots – an amazing way to share information.
- Calculate and convert almost anything with the redesigned Calculator.
- Dual Apps – create and sign into dual accounts for any app, including WhatsApp, Facebook and more.
- Get your photos sorted for you with all-new Gallery.
- Quick ball – the ultimate one-handed control tool.
- Personalize your notes with beautiful templates.
- Second space – perfect for times when you need a clear separation in your life.
- Video Editing -spice up your videos with filters, text and background music.
- Caller ID – automatically identify incoming numbers or find popular numbers when dialing out (India only).
- Hindi T9 – find contacts easily with T9 dialer search (India only).
- Enhanced SMS – SMS accounts of popular businesses now display logos and company names (India only).
How to Install MIUI 8 Global Stable Rom on Any Xiaomi Device.
You can navigate to our previous article on how to install MIUI 8 rom on any xiaomi device. It will educate you on how to install the global stable rom even if you are currently on global beta rom. Make sure you back up your device before you initiate the upgrade process.
1.) If you are currently running MIUI 7/7.1/7.2 global stable rom, you can update to miui 8 global stable rom by using the updater app. Just tap on the check for update button and follow the installation guide.
2.) You can also use Mi Pc suite to upgrade from miui 7 global stable rom to miui 8 stable build. Check install miui 8 guide.
3.) Either your device is currently running miui 7 global stable/beta rom or miui 8 beta rom, you can install miui 8 global stable rom using the recovery method. Just download miui 8 global stable rom manually from their website and follow the link in method 2 above. Then use the third installation method.
There you have it on miui 8 global stable rom features review and how to install. Kindly share this tutorial. Remember Android 7.0 Nougat has also started rolling out today and finally, Happy Internet Day folks.