MTN Midnight Plan: 25 Naira for 250MB & N50 for 500MB.
Lot of folks enjoyed mtn 500mb for n25 night plan package for more than 2 years (July 2016 – August 16 2018) but it has been recently slashed and divided into two package. NaijNaira has therefore updated this article to reflect recent changes. This mtn midnight plan is also called mtn pulse free night browsing, because it only works on Mtn Pulse.
Talking of mtn night plan, it is so unfortunate that airtel suddenly scrapped what was known as the best night plan ever which gives users unlimited access to the internet at a very cheap rate. Notwithstanding,
MTN has came to our rescue with mtn 500mb for n25 night plan. At least that was what we thought.
November 9 2018 Update: The telecom giant has revisited this plan probably due to loss of subscribers and have made few changes.
MTN Nigeria has again revised their night plan for the second time this year. Though it is still not up to what we used to enjoy but better than the earlier revision.
The mtn pulse night bundle is still of two packages. The price hasn’t changed but the amount of data allocated to each of the package has been increased.
MTN New / Latest Night Browsing Code 2019
- Text NT1 to 131 for the 25 Naira bundle and get 250MB.
- Send NT2 to 131 for 50 Naira plan to get 500MB.
We still hope the telecom giant will reconsider and return the plan to what it used to be. Let’s know what you think in the comment section.
To check your data balance, dial *559*96#.
MTN 250MB for N50 & 125MB for N25 Night Plan (Old).
Not sure why but mtn has been increasing their data plan prices starting with the pulse weekly and SME plans. Yesterday night (August 17 2018), mtn sent out a message about their revised night plan.
You can no longer get 500MB for 25 Naira. But;
- 125MB for 25 Naira.
- 250MB for 50 Naira.
- Dial *406#.
- Reply 4 for Nightlife Bundles.
- To buy 125MB @ 25 Naira, reply with 1.
- Reply with 2 to subscribe for 250MB @ 50 Naira.
Alternatively, you can also make use of sms like the formal night to 131.
- Text N125 to 131 – To get 125MB for 25 Naira.
- Send N250 to 131 – To get 250MB for 50 Naira.
We hope mtn will reconsider and revert all the data back to where they were before now.
Old Night Plan.
- To opt in to mtn 25 naira midnight subscription, you must be on mtn pulse. To migrate to mtn pulse, dial *406# and reply with 1.
- Make sure you have a minimum of 25 naira on your phone, modem or mifi.
- Text night to 131.
- You will receive a success message that
Dear customer, you have successfully subscribed to Free Night Browsing between 00:00 and 04:00. N25 has been deducted from your account.
You have just subscribe to mtn 500mb for n25 night plan and you can browse and download till you exhaust 500MB. But it is actually 400mb – 500mb lately.
How to Check MTN 250mb for N25 Night Plan Data Balance.
December 2018 Update: For those that have been looking for ways to check mtn night browsing balance using code, just dial *559*96#.
There is no official way to check mtn night plan data balance. However, you can use data usage on Android and MTN fastlink statistics interface on PC to measure the amount of data that has been used.
- 1.) Most users have been facing the issue of the 25 naira midnight plan stopping before using up to 500MB. This happens when you subscribe to mtn 500mb for n25 night plan before 12am. My point, make sure you only send Night to 131 from 12:10 am and above.
- 2.) The night plan can be activated on one mtn line once per night, but if you have more than one MTN sim, you can get as much as 2GB to browse and download at a cheap price of N100 with 4 different sim cards.
- 3.) Mtn 25 naira night plan is usable only within 12am – 4am.
You should read more here about mtn ipulse tariff plan and benefits.
What do you think of mtn 500mb for n25 night plan or mtn pulse free night browsing January 2019.