Nigeria Verified PayPal Account: How to Open and Fund PayPal in Nigeria.
The objective of this article is to guide you on how to open a nigeria verified paypal account and fund it using a nigeria master or visa card. It is not a news that PayPal now accept Nigeria after years of restriction. In July 2014, PayPal added Nigeria along with other 9 countries to their global operations.
But there was a limitation, you can not yet withdraw from it. You can only use your nigeria verified paypal account to pay online.
Table of Contents
What is PayPal?
Paypal among many other online payment solutions, platforms and services is one of the world’s largest. Paypal as an international e-commerce business makes flexible payments and money transfer online.
With Paypal payment services, you can easily send and accept money without the risk of your financial details been compromised making it the most accepted and secured online payment platform in the world. Below is how you can open a nigeria verified paypal account and fund it here in nigeria with your naira master card.
Nigeria Verified PayPal Account: Open One and Fund it 2017.
This section has two sub sections. Here you will learn how to open a nigeria PayPal account and how to get it verified. You are about to get your own nigeria verified paypal account.
Open a PayPal Account in Nigeria.
- Visit (www.paypal.com) and click on the sign up button which will redirect you to another page.
- Choose Nigeria from “Your country or region” drop down menu and click on open an account button under the type of account you want to open which can either be individual or business account.
- You will now be redirected to another page to fill a form. After filling the form correctly, click on proceed to confirm that you are human. Enter the displayed text into the box provided and click on continue.
- It is time to input your credit/debit card details. Make sure your billing address is the same as the address associated with your bank account and proceed.
- Now you have successfully open a PayPal account in Nigeria, but yet to get verified on PayPal Nigeria. You are half way to own a nigeria verified paypal account
How to Get Nigeria PayPal Account Verified.
To get a nigeria verified paypal account, you have to link your nigeria paypal account to one of your active credit or debit card. You can then link it to more cards after.
- Rush to your email inbox to verify your email address. You should see a message from PayPal, open it and click on login to access your unverified Paypal account.
- Click on get verified around the top left corner of the page under Myaccount >> Status.
- Look for an option that says link credit or debit card and click on it. Fill in your credit or debit card details and Submit.
- Your card will be charged Naira equivalent of $1.95. Don’t worry it will be returned to your account once your account has been verified.
- You will receive a message from your bank after like two hours depending on bank.
- Immediately you see the message, go back to your Paypal account and click on confirm credit/debit card enter the four digit number under transaction location immediately after PP* and continue.
- Click on My Account, then you should see verified under Status where you use to see Get verified.
Congrats, you now own a nigeria verified paypal account. The next question is how do i fund my nigeria verified paypal account with my nigeria naira master/visa card.
This account is just for sending money, shopping on websites like Amazon, Godaddy, Gearbest, Aliexpress and Ebay, don’t worry about funding it. Any transaction you make with your nigeria verified paypal account will be charged on the credit card you link to it.
NOTE: If you see an error message while trying to link your card, close the tab and open www.paypal.com in another tab and try again. You will no longer see the error message.
That’s all on how to own a nigeria verified paypal account. Join NaijNaira on Facebook.