Nokia 5 was launched at the mobile world congress (MWC) in February 2017 along side Nokia 3 and Nokia 6. Below are its full specifications and price in Nigeria on Slot and Jumia.
Nokia 5 Specifications & Review.
It features the same design structure as the every other smartphones that HMD Global launched in 2017. It comes with pure android operating system just like every other Nokia smartphones since 2017.
A better Nokia 3 but an under performing Nokia 6. It cost a little bit less and more than the Nokia 6 and Nokia 3 respectively.
Design & Display.
Like i said earlier, Nokia 5 (NK 5) features the same structural design seen on all Nokia phones launched in 2017 including Nokia 6, 7, 3 and 8.
Am talking about;
- The bottom navigation buttons with the home button doubling as the fingerprint scanner.
- 16:9 aspect ratio with selfie camera and earpiece above the display.
- Headphone jack at the top, speaker and micro-USB port at the bottom.
- Power and volume buttons on the right side while sim and sd card tray slot is placed on the left side.
- The rear camera placement is also still the same.
It is a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display smartphone with 720 x 1280 pixels (HD) screen resolution protected by an unspecified version of corning gorilla glass.
Operating System, Hardware & Memory.
The device runs on android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box but HMD Global has since released android 8.0 Oreo upgrade for it.
Since it runs on stock android OS, its users will get constant security updates and fast upgrade to latest android version.
Nokia 5 is powered by 1.4GHz octa core snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU.
With this SoC on board the NK 5, you can run couple of apps (not high end) simultaneously and even play a less demanding graphics games for up to an hour.
It also takes the phone sometime to load some app but you should expect fluid performance once it does.
You will enjoy the phone if you don’t overload it with commands.
Its processing power is assisted with 2GB or 3GB RAM and 16GB internal memory.
The android OS takes more than 7GB of the internal storage meaning you have less than 9GB for your apps and games. However, there is an SD card slot.
I will advice you not to use an sd card more than 32GB if you don’t want the device to respond extremely slow to commands.
Camera, Battery & Connectivity.
At the rear is a 13MP camera with dual led flash while the selfie camera is 8MP. It takes a pretty decent shot for a mid range device.
It is packed with non-removable 3000 mAh battery capacity that should last you for almost a day with fair usage.
The device uses hybrid sim set up i.e either you use 2 nano sim card or 1 nano sim card and an sd card.
It supports, all 4G LTE bands in Nigeria including Glo band 28. It also uses Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, GPS, NFC and micro-USB with OTG support.
Also Read: Nokia 7 Plus.
Nokia 5 Price in Nigeria.
You can get it on slot and jumia for 58,000 – 64,000 Naira.
Complete Specs of Nokia 5.
- Dimension: 149.7 x 72.5 x 8 mm.
- Screen size: 5.2-inch IPS LCD.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Screen Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels (HD).
- Pixel Density: 282 PPI.
- Body: Aluminium.
- 2G: Yes.
- 3G: Yes.
- 4G LTE: Yes.
- SIM Type: Dual Nano SIM.
Operating System & Processor.
- Android version: Android 7.1.1 Nougat upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Processor Type: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430.
- Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz Octa Core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505.
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm, dual led flash, phase detection autofocus.
- Video Recording: [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8MP.
- RAM: 2GB/3GB.
- Internal Storage Memory: 16GB.
- SD card Slot: Yes, support up to 128GB.
- Non-removable 3000 mAh Li-Ion.
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint, Gyroscope.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- USB: micro-USB, OTG.
- GPS: A-GPS.
- Wi-Fi: WI Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi direct, hotspot.
- Audio/Music Support: MP3, EAAC, WMA, WAV.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MPEG4, MP4, H.263, H.264.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Copper, Tempered Blue, Matte Black, Silver.
There you have it on Nokia 5. Let’s know what you think about the device. Kindly make use of the social sharing buttons below.