Offline Browsing in Chrome: How to Work Offline in Chrome or Turn On Google Chrome Offline Browsing.
Google chrome is one of the best web browsers around irrespective of which device or operating system you are using it on. One of the great feature of Google chrome is offline browsing, it ability to show saved copy of viewed and closed webpages without internet connection. To make use of this awesome feature, you have to turn On offline browsing in chrome. This can be a handy feature in a place without internet access or can’t use the internet.
How to Activate/Enable Offline Browsing in Google Chrome
When you turn On offline browsing in chrome, cached copy of all webpages you visited when you are online are saved and can be access when you have no internet access.
- This feature is not present in older version of Google chrome, so you have to update your chrome browser to the latest version and launch it.
chrome://flagsinto the address bar and press the enter key.
- Chrome will warn you to be careful with whatever you are trying to do with a pop up window, ignore the message and proceed.
- Hold the Ctrl + F key and search for Show Saved Copy Button using the search box that will appear at the top right corner of the browser.
- If you turn on offline browsing in chrome, you will get an error message and a blue Show saved copy button when you try to access recently viewed webpages offline or without internet connection.
- Under Show Saved Copy Button Heading, click on the drop-down menu and select either Enable: Primary or Enable: Secondary. Enable: Primary option will show the Show saved copy button in the salient position, while Enable: Secondary will show the Show saved copy button secondary to reload button.
- Exit and re-launch chrome browser to save changes made and for it to take effect.
How to Use Chrome Browser’s Offline Browsing Feature.
In case you are wondering if this actually works, disconnect your Pc or mobile phone from internet and try to access any of the webpages you visited after you have turned On offline browsing in chrome.
- You will see the “Unable to connect to the Internet” error message. Below this error message is the “Show saved copy” blue colored button. When you click on it, it loads the webpage from the cache which was saved when you were online or connected to the internet.
- Some components of the webpage like video and ads that actually needs internet connection will display an error message. This works for all chrome browsers irrespective of the device or operating system (Pc or Mobile, Windows, Android, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS).
Do you know any easier way to enable/turn On offline browsing in chrome? Kindly share it with us in the comment box.
There you have it on how to enable hidden offline browsing in google chrome, turn on offline mode in Google chrome and work offline in chrome. Please make use of the social sharing buttons below.