Tips to Make Windows 10 Run Faster: Work on November Update, Anniversary Update and Windows 10 10240.
Windows 10 is a modern operating system that run fast and smooth out of the box, but you can make it run super faster with few tweaks. Although there are many tips to make windows 10 run faster, we are only going to share the effective ones. This tips work on windows 10 10240, windows 10 November update and windows 10 anniversary update.
Top 7 Ways to Make Windows 10 Anniversary Update Run Faster.
1.) Disable Background Apps.
Background apps are apps that secretly runs in the background of your windows 10 computers even when you haven’t launch them or using them. They can receive and send info and notifications, you can access their features quickly, but it is consider a waste of system resources for apps you do not use regularly. Microsoft set their universal apps to run in the background and disable/turning them off is not only one of the ways to make windows 10 run faster, but also one of the tips to help conserve battery.
How to Turn Off Background Apps.
- Navigate to windows 10 Settings app and click on Privacy.
- On the left pane of the Privacy settings applet, scroll down and click on Background apps.
- Use the slider to Toogle Off apps you do not want running in the background of your Pc. You can always manually launch them anytime you need them.
- That’s it on how make windows 10 run faster by disabling background apps.
2.) Disable Startup Programs.
Startup Programs are programs that starts alongside your OS during boot up and in return can actually increases its booting time and makes it run slower. This tip also help reduce windows 10 boot up time. Disabling start up programs also help make windows 10 run faster.
How to Remove Startup Programs.
- Launch Windows Task Manager by right clicking on Cortana search bar and click on Task Manager or use this keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Click on the Startup Tab to access all the programs enabled to run during Startup. If you can’t see any Tab, click on More details at the bottom left corner of Task Manager.
- Click on programs you do want to run alongside the startup process and click Disable. Alternatively, right click on the program and click on Disable.
3.) Remove Un-Used Apps.
Removing apps you don’t need is another method to make windows 10 run faster. If Un-used apps takes a valuable percentage of your hard disk space, it could mean Windows is working harder than it needs to which in turn makes it run slow. Uninstalling un-used programs will help free up system resources which also means faster Pc.
How to Remove Un-Used Apps in Windows 10
- Navigate to Control Panel (Right click on the start menu and click on Control Panel).
- In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program link under Programs heading.
- You will see a list of all apps currently installed on your Pc, Click on the Unused programs one after the other and click on Uninstall to Change or remove the program.
- Un-installation process will start immediately for some apps, while you will need to follow few on screen instructions to completely remove some programs.
- That’s it on how to make windows 10 run faster by removing un-used apps.
4.) Make Use of Windows Disk Clean Up Utility.
Windows disk clean up utility help get rid of junk files which includes temporary internet files, downloaded program files, offline webpages, recycle bin, temporary files, thumbnails. If you are running it for the first time after you upgrade your pc to windows 10, it can also remove previous installation files to free up space on your hard drive. This is an effective means to make windows 10 run faster.
How to Make Use of Disk Clean Up Utility
- Hold the Win + R key to open RUN dialogue box.
- Type cleanmgr into the search box and click on OK to run the Disk clean up utility.
- Select the drive you install Windows 10 on and click on OK.
- Click on the Clean up system files button and select the same drive as previous step to bring out more files that can be deleted, Check the boxes of the files you want to get rid of and click on OK.
- Having enough space on your hard disk help make windows 10 run faster.
5.) Disable Animation and Visual Effects.
Windows 10 is packed with animation and visual effects to provide you with an attractive user interface. These animations and effects consume your system resources which affects your computer performance especially on older and slower Pcs. You can disable these animations and visual effects as a tip to make windows 10 run faster.
How to Disable Animation in Windows 10
- Hold the Win + R key to open the Run dialogue box, type sysdm.cpl to open the system properties and click Ok.
- Click on the Advanced Tab >> Click on Settings under Performance heading.
- Click on the Visual Effects Tab >> Select Adjust for the best performance (Third option) >> Apply >> Ok.
- You can also select the custom option and disable the animations and effect you do not want yourself.
6.) Disable Windows Search Service.
Disabling windows search service can also help make windows 10 run faster. Windows Search service provides property caching, content indexing, and search results for e-mail, files, and other content. Disabling this service will slow down searching files on your Pc.
How to Disable Windows Search Service
- Hold Win + R key to open Run dialogue box and type services.msc to open windows service manager.
- Right click on Windows search and click on the Properties.
- Click on the drop down menu under Startup type >> Click on Disable >> Apply >> Ok.
- This is a must try method to make windows 10 run faster.
7.) Run Windows Defender.
Run windows defender or any other anti-virus installed on your Pc regularly to get rid of bloatware, adware and malware which also takes and use up system resources.
Feel free to add more tips to make windows 10 run faster via the comment box.
That’s it on how to make windows 10 run faster. Do you like this tutorial? feel free to share with your friends using the social sharing buttons below.