As a customer, you can make use of union bank ussd code as transfer code which is its primary function anyways and check your account balance and many more.
Few among many beauty of this platform is that it doesn’t require internet meaning you don’t need a smartphone to use it as even nokia torch-light phones can do the magic, it is available 24 hours of everyday including weekends and public holidays and it works anywhere and everywhere so far mtn, airtel, 9mobile and glo networks are available there.
Get this now once and for all. When you hear the term mobile banking, it doesn’t have to do with mobile apps only. It also involves the use of ussd codes as it is in the case of this article.
I will now move to the primary objective of this write up which is to educate you on how to use union bank mobile banking code for various transaction from the comfort of your home on any device that can receive network reception.
Like it is with most banks, you have to activate your account for this platform to get started with using it. But before i walk you through the registration process, below are the requirements and features of this code.
How to Register Union Bank USSD Code
To register, follow the steps below:
- Dial *826# with your alertz number.
- Reply with 1 (Activate Mobile Banking).
- On the next page, enter your union bank account number.
- Create a one time 4 digit mobile banking (transaction) PIN. Make sure it is a combination you can easily remember.
- Enter the numbers on your card. It might be the last 4 or 6 or both. Note that expired card won’t work.
You should receive a confirmation that you have successfully register your number for union bank 826 mobile banking and you can start to transfer funds, recharge airtime and check account balance.
Features & Benefits
- Transfer: To send money to union bank and other Nigerian banks.
- Airtime: Recharge or top up your alertz number or that of others.
- Pay Bills: It can be used to make electricity, water and paytv bills.
- Balance: You can use it to check how much is left in your bank account.
- Open an Account: If you like what they do at union bank, service rendering wise, you can use this code to open an account for yourself.
Even though the above are the major features of this mode of banking, you can do more with it. All you have to do is dial the above code and explore the available options.
Here are the requirement you need;
- Alertz Number: The phone number register to your union bank account. It only works with mtn, glo, airtel and 9mobile (formerly etisalat).
- Code: The bank’s mobile banking code. It is different for different Nigerian banks.
- Mobile Phone: Like i said earlier, it works on any device that can be used to make and receive calls as well as check airtime balance. Putting the eligible devices to modems, feature phones, smartphones and some other networking gadgets.
- ATM Card: You need some of the numbers on your Naira master, verve or visa card to complete the registration process.
- Continue Reading: This article on NaijNaira is all you need for all the information you need.
Union Bank Transfer Code 2021
To transfer money to another union bank account, dial *826*1*amount in naira*account number# or *826*2*amount in naira*account number# if you are sending to other Nigerian banks.
This is one of the primary functions of union bank transfer code.
It allows you to send money to union bank customers or other Nigerian banks entirely.
Like some banks, the code is different for inter (to other banks) and intra (to union bank customers) bank transfer.
Inter Bank Transfer
If the recipient or beneficiary of the money transfer is using another bank say Gtbank, Zenith, Access, Fidelity etc. This is the transfer code you should use.
- *826*2*amount in naira*account number#.
- Let’s assume you want to transfer 10,000 Naira to someone with account number 0123456789, just dial *826*2*10000*0123456789#.
- Enter your transaction PIN (the 4 digit PIN you created at point of registration).
You should receive a message telling you of successful or failed transaction. If failed, you will be told why in a follow up SMS notification.
Intra Banking Transfer
To send funds to other union bank customers, below is the code you will need and how to use it.
- *826*1*amount in naira*account number#.
- Assuming you are transferring 5000 naira to account number 1234567890, dial *826*1*5000*1234567890#.
- Input your transaction PIN.
A successful or failed transaction message will pop up. If failed, the followed up SMS notification will contain why.
If you any issue with transfer of funds or money, kindly make use of the comment box.
Union Bank Account Balance Code
Dial *826# with your alertz number and reply with the option to check account balance. You will then receive SMS containing your balance(s).
Union Bank Code Daily Limit & Charges
This platform is great but for some valid reasons, there is a limit to how much you can transfer in a day. Also, some of the transactions attract charges.
- Daily Transfer Limit: 200,000 Naira.
- Recharge Limit (Daily): 20,000 Naira.
- Transfer Charges: Free for intra transfer but 10, 20, 50 Naira to other banks depending on how much you are sending.
- Recharge Charges: Free.
- Network Charges: Free for Glo, Airtel & 9mobile but MTN might attracts 2-5 Naira.
The advent of mobile banking code has tremendously revolutionized our financial system.
It has made banking in Nigeria more easier, fun, faster and safer.
You should know that this code is not meant for just transferring funds but also recharge airtime, check how much is left in your account.
Do not worry, you will always know if your transaction was successful or failed as you will be notified by SMS.
There you have it on union bank ussd code. Kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.