Whatsapp Tips For Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile 2018.
Whatsapp Tips 2018: Whatsapp is currently the most used social messenger app in the world, it comes with lot of great features and it is pre-installed on almost all smartphones released today irrespective of the operating system they are running. It is currently owned by Facebook and here are few whatsapp tips you should know in 2018.
Over 20 Top Whatsapp Tips for 2018.
We are sharing these whatsapp tricks and tips today to turn you into whatsapp guru, master and professional. With the under-listed whatsapp tips, you will be able to understand more about whatsapp and unlock its full potential.
Table of Contents
- Whatsapp Tips For Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile 2018.
- Over 20 Top Whatsapp Tips for 2018.
- 1.) Change what the Enter Key Do While Chatting on Whatsapp.
- 2.) How to Change the Font Size.
- 3.) How to Change Chat Wallpaper
- 4.) How to Back-Up Whatsapp Chat and Transfer to a New Device.
- 5.) How to Disable Auto-Download of Images, Audios, Videos and Documents.
- 6.)Use Low Data during Whatsapp Call.
- 7.) Manage Whatsapp Privacy Settings.
- 8.) How to Change Your Whatsapp Number.
- 9.) How to Delete your Whatsapp Account.
- 10.) Whatsapp Network Usage.
- 11.) How to Email Whatsapp Conversation.
- 12.) How to Send Message to all Whatsapp Friends.
- 13.) How To Share PDF Files On Whatsapp.
- 14.) How to Share PDF, DOC, EXE, APK AND ZIP Files Using Whatsapp.
- 15.) How to Mute a Group Conversation and Clear Group Chat.
- 16.) How to Avoid Temporary or Permanent Ban on Whatsapp.
- 17.) How to Use Bold, Italics and Strikethrough in your Whatsapp Messages.
- 18.) How to Use Whatsapp Quote Reply Feature.
- 19.) How to Manage Whatsapp Permission Settings.
- 20.) How to Use Whatsapp Voice and Video Call.
- 21.) How to Use Whatsapp on Your Personal Computer with Whatsapp Web.
- 22.) Add to the list.
- Share this:
1.) Change what the Enter Key Do While Chatting on Whatsapp.
Tap on the Menu button (a three vertical dots) at the top right corner of whatsapp home interface, then select on the Settings option. From the Settings interface, tap on Chat to access and manage the Chats Settings.
If you are already in the Chats settings, the first option you will see is Enter is send. This option allow you to manage the way Enter key works when used during chatting.
- If you leave the box unchecked (Default), the enter key will add a new line to your message when it is tapped on.
- If you check the box, your message will be send anytime you tap on the Enter Key.
2.) How to Change the Font Size.
Depending on our sight, some will want there chat messages displayed larger, some can cope with smaller font, but whatsapp font is by default set as medium.
To change the font of your chat messages, tap on Font size:Medium option under Chat Settings and choose from the available font options (Small, Medium and Large).
3.) How to Change Chat Wallpaper
The default chat wallpaper is white, but you can easily change the wallpaper to any image of your choice.
- To change your chat wallpaper, tap on wallpaper under Chat settings, choose document from the options that pop-up.
- Tap on the menu button at the top left corner of the page and choose the location of the image you want to use as your chat wallpaper.
- You can also download whatsapp wallpaper from Play Store.
- Choose the image you want and tap on OK to confirm the changes made.
4.) How to Back-Up Whatsapp Chat and Transfer to a New Device.
Whatsapp automatically back-up your chats daily so that you won’t lose much if you mistakenly delete your whatsapp. But you can also manually back-up chats in case you want to transfer the conversation to a new device or install it back sometimes if you recently install new update.
All you have to do is navigate to Settings >> Chats >> Chat backup and click on the Back Up button. Your chats will be backed up to your SD card and you can locate it by navigating to File manager/explorer >> SD card >> Whatsapp folder >> Databases. Whatsapp manual back-up ends with this extension .db.crypt8 unlike automatic backup that ends with(-2016-05-29.db.crypt8) extension.
- To transfer this chat to a new device, connect your old device to your Pc and copy the manual back-up file that ends with .db.crypt8 extension from whatsapp folder under SD card or Internal memory depending on which one is your default memory.
- Install whatsapp on your new device, but don’t launch it yet.
- Un-plug your old phone from your Pc, plug your new device and navigate to databases folder under whatsapp folder.
- Paste the whatsapp back-up file of your old device into the folder. You can now start whatsapp on your new device.
- After phone number verification, the back-up file will be detected and you will need to tap on restore and all your conversations will be accessible from your new device.
Note: Do not start your new device whatsapp before pasting the back-up file into the databases folder.
5.) How to Disable Auto-Download of Images, Audios, Videos and Documents.
If Auto-Download of media is enabled, all images, audios, videos and documents shared with you either on a personal chat or group chat will be download automatically which means your data plan will be used up quickly. To avoid this, you need to disable Auto-Download of media via whatsapp Data Usage Settings.
- Navigate to Settings >> Data Usage >> Media Auto-Download.
- You should see three options here. (When using mobile data, when connected to WIFI and When roaming).
- Enter the options one after the other and uncheck the boxes in front of each media (Photos, Audio, Videos and Documents) to disable auto-download of media. Tap on Okay when you are done.
6.)Use Low Data during Whatsapp Call.
Navigate to Settings >> Data Usage >> Call Settings, tap on the Low data usage option to lower the amount of data used during a whatsapp call.
7.) Manage Whatsapp Privacy Settings.
Via the Privacy settings, you can manage who can know the last time you were online, see your profile photo, see your Status and block contacts.
- Tap on Last seen, Profile photo and Status options to choose from the list of options the one that best suits you (Everyone, My contacts and Nobody).
- Everyone means anybody on whatsapp can see the last time you were online, anybody can view your profile picture and anybody can see your status.
- My contacts means only your contact can access the aforementioned information about you.
- Nobody means no one can know when last you came online, nobody can see your profile picture and nobody can see your status.
- Note: If you don’t share your last seen, profile photo and Status you won’t be able to see other people’s last seen, profile photo and Status as well.
- To block any of your contacts, tap on the Blocked contacts option and tap on contacts icon at the top right corner of the page.
- After you will see the list of all your contact and you can choose which of them you want to block.
- Note you must have internet access to use the block contact feature.
- To unblock any of your contacts, simply tap on the contact and unblock.
- To prevent people from knowing you have read their messages, you have to disable Read receipts. This option is also under Privacy Settings.
8.) How to Change Your Whatsapp Number.
- Whatever the reason that makes you decide to change your whatsapp number (Bought a new phone, lost your old number etc) just navigate to Settings >> Account >> Change Number. Know that doing this will migrate your account info, group and settings.
- At the top right corner of Whatsapp, tap on the next button.
- Enter your old phone number, new phone number and tap on DONE.
9.) How to Delete your Whatsapp Account.
Deleting your account is different from clearing or deleting chats. Deleting your account will delete your account from whatsapp, erase your message history and delete you from all whatsapp group you joined.
To delete your account navigate to Settings >> Account >> Delete my account. Confirm your country code, phone number and tap on Delete my account button.
10.) Whatsapp Network Usage.
This option provide you with information about how much messages you have sent and received, Media downloaded and received, outgoing and incoming whatsapp calls, total data used and the last time you reset your statistics. To reset your statistics, tap on the Reset Statistics and tap on the reset.
Navigate to Settings >> Data Usage >> Network Usage. To make use of this whatsapp tip.
11.) How to Email Whatsapp Conversation.
With this feature, you can easily forward any private or group conversation to another person via email. This is one of the few whatsapp tips i love.
- To email a private or group chat, navigate to Settings >> Chats >> Chat History >> Email Chat.
- Select the contact or Group whose chats you want to email.
- Choose if you want to attach media or not and then enter the email address you want to forward the chat to.
- The email address holder should then open the attachment inside the mail and will have access to all the conversations as a readable text without whatsapp app.
- Alternatively, you can also open each contact or group whose message you want to email. Click on the Menu button >> More >> Email Chat.
- You can also follow these steps to Block contacts, Archive all chats, Clear all chats and Delete all chats. Just tap on any of the options that came up after long pressing either on a group or contact.
12.) How to Send Message to all Whatsapp Friends.
This is another great whatsapp tips that has saved my time many times. So your friends visited your birthday party yesterday and you want to show how much you appreciate them, you do not need to contact them one by one, all you have to do is compose a message and broadcast it to all of them.
- To do this, launch your whatsapp, click on the menu button and select New broadcast.
- Add the friends that you want to send the message to and tap on the message circle at the bottom-right corner of Whatsapp.
- Compose the message and send it.
- All your friends will receive your appreciation message at once and you have save yourself a lot of time.
This is yet another great whatsapp tips many of us should know.
- Download the latest version of whatsapp or update the existing one via PlayStore
- Tap on the attachment icon in any chat (Private or Group).
- Select the document icon.
- Click on the PDF or text document you want to send. Note that the file size limit of 16MB still applies.
To share any PDF or any of these files extension on whatsapp, follow the steps below thoroughly. You can only share PDF files with the above whatsapp tip.
- If you have dropbox installed on your smartphone, fire it up and sign in to your account.
- If you do not have it installed already, install it from your app store and create an account with dropbox.
- Upload the file you wish to share on whatsapp to dropbox. After successfully uploading that file, tap on the file and hold until some options pop up.
- From the pop up options, tap on share and look for whatsapp. Tap on whatsapp and select the person you want to share the file with.
- A link will be created and send to your friend and he/she will be able to download the file.
15.) How to Mute a Group Conversation and Clear Group Chat.
If you Mute a group conversation, you will not receive any message from the group.
- Enter the Group chat interface.
- Tap on the menu like button at the top right corner of the messenger and tap on Mute.
- Select if you want to mute the Group for 8hours, a week or a year.
- Tap on the more option and then on Clear chat to delete all messages ever shared on a whatsapp group.
16.) How to Avoid Temporary or Permanent Ban on Whatsapp.
You simply have to abide to the following rules.
- Being blocked by too many people in a short period of time. Make sure you only communicate with people who want to receive messages from you.
- Sending the same message to too many people. Use Broadcast Lists to send the same message to your contacts.
- Sending too many messages to users who do not have your number saved in their address books. Make sure that you ask all of your WhatsApp contacts to add your current number to their address books.
- Creating too many groups that contain users who do not list you in their address books. Make sure that you ask all of your WhatsApp contacts to add your current number to their address books.
17.) How to Use Bold, Italics and Strikethrough in your Whatsapp Messages.
This is one of the recently added whatsapp features. It is one among other whatsapp tips that i love using.
- To use a bold text, add an asterisk to either side of the word such as *bold*
- To use italics in messages, add an underscore to either side of the word e.g _italics_
- To strikethrough a text, add a tilde to either side of the word like ~strikethrough~
18.) How to Use Whatsapp Quote Reply Feature.
With this awesome whatsapp tips, you can reply to any chat or media by quoting it.
- Tap and hold on the message you want to reply. Some icons like the reply, delete, star and forward icon will appear at the top of the app.
- Tap on the reply icon, just before the Star icon.
- The quoted message will show up as a preview on top of the text entry box where you can add your reply.
- Once you’ve sent your reply, it will show up inside the conversation with the original quoted message attached on top of it, along with the sender’s color-coded name.
19.) How to Manage Whatsapp Permission Settings.
I have written on how to fix whatsapp is denied to start sound recorder, whatsapp is denied to use camera and whatsapp is denied to read contacts. You can also watch this video to manage whatsapp permission settings.
20.) How to Use Whatsapp Voice and Video Call.
Whatsapp Voice and Video calling is one of the latest features integrated to Whatsapp messenger app. It is one of the most asked for features by users and was made official in November 14 2016 for all users. You have to be using Whatsapp V2.16.318 and above to be able to use this feature. It is one of the best whastapp tips ever.
- Open a call chat with the person you want to contact.
- Select the Video Call option for video calling and voice call for voice calling.
- Once connected, you can then talk to your correspondent using Whatsapp voice calling feature.
- Once the call is launched, you can hear and see your correspondent with Whatsapp video calling feature.
21.) How to Use Whatsapp on Your Personal Computer with Whatsapp Web.
Whatsapp web is a feature that allow whatsapp users to access the messaging services on desktop through web browsers. It is compatible with almost all browsers which include Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari and MS-Edge.
- Tap on the Menu Icon at the extreme top-right corner of Whatsapp and select Whatsapp web.
- Visit web.whatsapp.com with your PC. A QR code will appear.
- Scan the QR code with your Smartphone and enjoy whatsapp on your Pc.
22.) Add to the list.
Feel free to add more to this list of whatsapp tips 2018. Watch out for whatsapp tricks and hacks for 2018.
That’s all on whatsapp tips in 2018. Kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.