Mi Pad 4 is the latest Xiaomi tablet launched in late June 2018. Everything you need to know about the new Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 is in here. This include specs, features and price in Nigeria.
Personally, i am not a fan of tablets but i know couple of people that prefers owning a tablet as oppose to owning a phone and Pc. They must have their reason, at least that is what i keep telling myself.
If you are a fan of Mi Product (Like myself) and also happen to be one of these people, then Mi Pad 4 from Xiaomi should be on your list while shopping for your next tablet.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Specs & Review.
This tablet Pc comes with all the necessary specs and capabilities you need from any tablet at an affordable price. You also get a premium full metal unibody.
The device is available in two (2) variants. Their is a variant that supports 4G LTE SIM and the other with Wi-Fi.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi 8.
Design & Display.
Mi Pad 4 is an 8.0-inches IPS LCD display tablet with 1200 x 1920 pixels (Full HD) screen resolution. You get 77.1% screen to body ratio, 16:10 aspect ratio and 283 PPI pixel density.
On top of the device are microphone, 3.5mm headphone jack and at the bottom are the speaker grill and the USB Type-C port.
At the right hand side are the power and volume buttons while the left hand side host the sim card tray (for 4G LTE version).
Above the display is the selfie camera while turning to the aluminium back quickly reveals the rear camera at the top left corner. The cameras however does not come with flash light.
Below the display are the three on-screen buttons which has officially replaced the traditional capacitive buttons in recent Android mobiles.
Operating System, Processor and Memory.
It runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 8.1 Oreo and it is powered by an Octa Core Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 chip with clock speed up to 2.2GHz.
The processing power is supported by Adreno 512 GPU onboard the qualcomm chipset and 3GB/4GB RAM.
Multi-tasking and Mid-range games won’t be a problem for this device however high end games might struggles. Not that they won’t play, but it won’t be lag free.
Camera, Battery & Connectivity.
The rear camera is a 13MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Panorama, touch focus and face detection. The selfie camera on the other hand is 5MP featuring the same aperture as the rear camera.
The main camera can shoot in Full HD (1080p@30fps). The camera capabilities is also great in normal light but it is a whole new story when it comes to low light. One reason that came to mind is the lack of the flash light (neither led nor soft flash).
The battery capacity is however great, considering it sports a 6000 mAh battery that can last up to 7 hours on normal usage. Since it doesn’t come with fast charging technology, it takes more than 3 hours to fully charge this device.
Like i said earlier, their is a variants that supports 4G LTE nano sim and Wi-Fi (4GB RAM, 64GB ROM model) while the other support just Wi-Fi (3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory model).
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Both device supports GPS, Bluetooth 5.0 and USB Type C. The tablet is available in Black and Rose Gold colors.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Price in Nigeria.
It has a launch price of 170 US Dollar to 250 US Dollars but it is whole new story when you visit these Chinese sites to buy.
As you know, you can’t get this device offline in Nigeria and even on our shopping sites like Slot and Jumia. You will need to order from sites like Aliexpress and Gearbest.
- Mi Pad 4 LTE Model (4GB RAM, 64GB ROM): $250 – 260 US Dollars (~ 90,000 – 94,000 Naira).
- WI-Fi Mi Pad 4 Model (3GB RAM, 32GB internal Storage: 190 – 200 US Dollars (~ 68,400 – 72,000 Naira).
Complete Specs Sheet.
- Dimension: 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9 mm.
- Screen size: 8.0-inch IPS LCD.
- Protection: None specified.
- Screen Resolution: 1200 x 1920 pixels (FHD).
- Pixel Density: 283 PPI.
- Body: Full Metal (Aluminium) Body.
- Wi-Fi & 4G LTE or Only Wi-Fi.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM (LTE Model).
Operating System & Processor.
- Android version: MIUI 9.5 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
- Processor Type: Snapdragon 660.
- Processor Speed: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260).
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 512.
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.0 aperture.
- Video Recording: 1080p@30fps.
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.0 aperture.
- RAM: 3GB/4GB.
- Internal Storage Memory: 32GB/64GB.
- SD card Slot: No.
- 6000 mAh Li-Ion.
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass (4G Model), Gyroscope.
- Bluetooth: 5.0.
- USB: USB Type C.
- GPS: A-GPS.
- Wi-Fi: WI Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi direct, hotspot.
- Audio/Music Support: MP3, EAAC, WMA, WAV.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MMV, MP4, H.263, H.264.
- Gold (Rose), Black.
There you have it on Mi Pad 4. Do let me know what you think using the comment box. Kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.