The primary features of access bank code is to use it to transfer or send money from your own account to other bank accounts in the country which can be to another access bank account or another bank entirely.
Gone are those days when you have to queue in banks to withdraw money and queue again to transfer or send it. You also need to visit your bank to check your account balance then. Those days, you can’t recharge your phone directly from your bank.
When Automated Teller Machine (ATM) arrived, banking stress was reduced. You can now withdraw funds after banking hours, weekends and public holidays.
You can also check your account balance, recharge airtime and transfer funds using ATM. But the issue of queuing hasn’t been eliminated.
Then CBN introduce and implement cashless policy. This development led to the introduction of mobile banking (app and code) and internet banking platform by Nigerian banks.
With mobile banking, you have access and control over your bank account 24/7. This has tremendously reduced queue in the banking hall.
Access Bank Code
Access bank ussd is *901# and it can be used for transactions such as Funds Transfer, Airtime Recharge, Data Purchase, Check Account Balance, Open Account, Pay Bills, Increase Transaction Limit, OTP Generation, Cashless Withdrawal, Create or Reset Transaction PIN and Merchant Payment.
USSD code requires no internet access or smartphone to work. It works on any device that can make and receive call.
Access bank ussd codes has made banking easier, faster and safer for its customers. It has made numerous banking features accessible for customers that can’t afford a smartphone.
- Bank Account: You must have a Naira denominated account with access bank.
- Alertz Number: Phone number registered to your access bank account.
- Mobile Phone.
- BVN or PIN: Last 4-digit of your bank verification number or 4 digit PIN.
- To make this platform more secure, you can create a transaction PIN using the 901 menu options.
Before you can start using this access ussd code features, you need to register or activate it by following the steps below:
Dial *901# >> reply 8 (Next) >> then reply 5 (Create/Change/Reset Code) >> reply 1 (Create Security Code) >> Input last 4-digit of your Naira ATM card >> Create a 4-digit Transfer PIN. You need the code/PIN to authenticate all transactions initiated on this platform. Before now, it only requires the last 4 digits of your BVN but the security code is much more secure.
How to Transfer from Access to Access Bank
- Dial *901*1*Amount*Account Number# using the phone number associated to your bank account.
- Enter the last 4 digit of your BVN or your transaction PIN.
- For example to send 3000 Naira to another access bank customer with account number 0724405627
- Dial *901*1*3000*0724405627#.
- You will then be asked to enter the last four digits of your BVN or 4 digits security code to complete the transfer.
- Do so and you will be notified of successful or failed transaction.
Alternatively, dial *901# >> 2 for transfer funds >> 1 to transfer to access bank >> Last 4-digit of BVN or transaction PIN.
How to Transfer from Access to Other Banks
- Dial *901*2*Amount*Account Number# with the phone number registered to your access bank account.
- Confirm the recipient’s name.
- Complete the transfer using the last 4-digit of your BVN or transaction PIN.
This is called inter bank transfer.
It allows you to transfer funds from your own access account to other banks in Nigeria like Gtb, Zenith, Diamond, First, UBA etc.
You will be notified if the transfer is successful or not.
Alternatively, dial *901# >> 2 for transfer funds >> 2 to transfer to another bank >> Last 4 digit of your BVN or PIN.
Access Bank Airtime Recharge Code
You can easily recharge your alertz number (self recharge) or any other numbers (third party) using access bank recharge code as explained below.
Follow the guide below to recharge the number registered to your bank account:
- Dial *901*Amount#. E.g Dial *901*500# to recharge your alertz number with 500 Naira.
- Complete the transaction with transaction PIN or the last four digit of your bvn.
Third Party Recharge
To recharge other numbers other than your alertz number, follow the guide below:
- Dial *901*Amount*Recipient’s Number#. E.g *901*400*07030839803# to recharge 07030839803 with 400 Naira.
- Complete the airtime recharge with the last four digit of your BVN.
Access Bank Account Balance Code
To check your access bank account balance, dial *901*5#.
Other Access Bank USSD Codes
- Bills Payment: *901*3#.
- OTP Generation: *901*4*1#.
- Merchant Payment: *901*3*Amount*Merchant Code#.
- Buy Data: *901*8#.
- Open an Account: *901*0#.
If you have multiple Naira denominated accounts with access bank such as Naira savings and current account, you have to select a default account using the guide below.
Dial *901# >> 8 >> 3 to Select default account.
You can always dial *901# and browse through the available menu options with the next command.
Transfer Daily Limit & Charges
- Airtime Recharge Limit: Minimum of 5 Naira and Maximum of 5000 Naira in a day.
- Funds Transfer Limit: Maximum of 100,000 Naira daily.
- Transfer Charges: Access to access transfer is free while transfer to other banks attract 10, 20, 50 Naira charges for less than 5K, above 5K and above 50K transfer.
- Network Charges: 2 – 5 Naira depending on how long you spent on the platform and the network you are using (mtn, glo, airtel, 9mobile).
- Maximum time you can spent is 2 minute per session. However, a session will time out after 20 seconds of inactivity.
With access bank code, you can transfer money, recharge airtime and check how much is left in your bank account with ease and from the comfort of your home. Kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.