Whatsapp is one of the most used cross platform mobile messenger in the world, it allows you to send message without having to pay for SMS. Lot of awesome features like the voice call, reply quote, upcoming video call, bold & italics text etc has been integrated into whatsapp messenger lately. But at one point in time or another, you might have faced the issue of whatsapp denied to use camera or cannot start camera. Here is how to fix whatsapp is denied to use camera issue and allow whatsapp access and use your camera to take picture and video.
Most people put this blame on whatsapp app and the team behind it, but it is actually not their fault. Whatsapp will never denied you access to use camera, but you as the user, must have denied whatsapp access to use camera anytime it wants to without confirmation probably at point of installation. Whosoever fault it is, fix whatsapp is denied to use camera using any of the method below.
One method to fix whatsapp is denied to use camera is for android running stock android operating system and the second method is for android devices running on MIUI ROM from Xiaomi.
Fix Whatsapp is Denied to Use Camera on Xiaomi Devices Running MIUI Rom.
The only way to make make whatsapp use camera or start camera is via the permission manager. If permission manager is set to notify you before whatsapp use camera or start camera, whatsapp will ask you to deny or allow permission before using your camera. If you deny it once, you will have to go to permission manager to enable it before it can use camera again. Follow the steps below to fix whatsapp is denied to use camera on xiaomi.
- Navigate to Settings on your Xiaomi device running MIUI rom.
- Scroll down to Installed apps and tap on it.
- Scroll down and look for whatsapp among the listed apps.
- Tap on whatsapp and scroll down to Permission Manager, then tap on it.
- Look for Access Camera, tap on it and three options will pop up (Accept, Notify and Deny).
- To allow whatsapp to always use/access your camera, choose Accept.
- There you have it on how to fix whatsapp is denied to use camera on Xiaomi running MIUI.
Fix Whatsapp is Denied to Use Camera on Stock Android Devices and iOS.
However, if your device is running Android stock rom, follow the steps below to fix whatsapp is denied to use camera on stock android device, iPhone and blackberry device by changing permission settings for whatsapp.
- Go to Settings >> Security >> App Permissions >> Use Camera.
- Tap on WhatsApp messenger.
- Then select Always allow option from the new pop up window. To avoid future problems like this, just grant whatsapp all permissions.
- Launch whatsapp messenger, and try to use camera and see if whatsapp is denied to use camera or cannot start camera has been fixed.
- There you have it on how to fix whatsapp is denied to use camera or start camera on android and iOS.
That’s all on how to fix whatsapp is denied to use camera and allow whatsapp to access, use and start camera on Xiaomi, stock android and iOS. From now on, whatsapp can use your device camera to take pictures and video. Do you like this tutorial? kindly share it with your friends and family using the social sharing buttons below.