Internet banking is one of the ways advancement in science, engineering and technology (ICT) has revolutionized the banking sector. Gtbank internet banking was one of the first in Nigeria.
Thanks to the likes of gtbank that champion the integration of this form of banking into Nigeria financial institutions, banking in Nigeria has been made easier, faster and safer.
This article contains everything you need to know about gtb internet banking from its benefits to how to register to obtaining login details.
It also contains information on how to retrieve gtb online banking user id, password and answer to security question if forgotten.
What is Internet Banking?
I doubt you are hearing of internet banking for the first time. But this article will give you full insight of what it means.
One of the things you need to know is that Online banking, internet banking, e-banking and virtual banking mean the same thing and can be used interchangeably.
Internet Banking is an electronic payment system that enables customers of a financial institution (e.g Bank) to conduct a range of financial transactions through the financial institution website.
So it is safe to say gtb online banking is an electronic system of payment that enables guaranty trust bank customers to perform range of financial transactions via official gtb website.
Also Read: Gtbank Transfer Code
How Internet Banking Works
- Walk into a nearest branch of your bank and request for internet banking form and fill it carefully.
- Receive internet banking login details on the phone number associated with your bank account or email address.
- Navigate to the bank’s website and login with your user id and password.
- Have unlimited access to your account making both local and international transactions.
Above are the simple steps required to get started with internet banking.
Advantages of Registering for Gtbank Internet Banking
Apart from the fact that you can access this platform 24 hours everyday from the comfort of your home or office on any internet enabled mobile device and your PC, below are the benefit of applying for gtb internet banking.
- Bill Payments: PHCN bill, water bill and satellite tv (dstv, gotv, startimes, kwese, tstv etc) subscription.
- Funds Transfer: Inter and intra transfer of money locally and internationally.
- Online Services: Book hotel, pay for flights and visa fees.
- Check account balance, monitor transactions and print account statement.
- Manage Cheques: Request, confirm and stop cheques.
- Manage Login Details: Change password, reset password and update your personal details.
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world.
Also Read: Gtbank Mobile Banking App
How to Register for GT Internet Banking
Now that you know what guaranty trust bank internet banking is, how it works and benefits that comes with it, you can proceed to signing up.
You can either register online by filling a form and sending scanned copy to gtb email address or offline by walking to the nearest branch of the bank.
I will discuss both method in this article.
- Download gtb internet banking application and token request form (http://gtbank.com/images/documents/individuals/internet_banking_application.pdf).
- Fill the form, scan it along with other required documents (valid ID, not older than 3 months utility bill & a passport photograph) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for your application to be processed and if approved, your gtb internet banking user id and password will be emailed to you.
- If you didn’t receive login details, call gtbank customer care or visit gtbank website, click register and provide the require details or dial *737*6*5# with your alertz number.
- Go to gtbank online banking login page (https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx) and click on Login under internet banking.
- Go through the scam alert notice and click on the green image that says “Click here to login”.
- Input your user ID with your keyboard and password with the onscreen keyboard.
- Then click on Login to access your Gtb online banking dashboard.
- Visit any branch of gtbank closer to you with a valid ID and 1-3 months old utility bill.
- Collect and fill an internet banking and token request form.
- You may decide to purchase a token which is N2000 – 2500 Naira. Token is a digital device that randomly generates special numbers needed to make third party transactions.
- An average Nigerian hardly need a token, so you can go ahead with the registration without purchasing the token.
- Your login details will be emailed to you once your application has been approved.
- Visit Gtb online banking login portal and log-in with your UserID and Password.
Top 5 Ways to Retrieve Forgotten GTBank Internet Banking Login Details
You can easily retrieve your gtb online login id, password and answer to your security question if you forgot them.
You can retrieve your gtb internet banking log in details by;
- Calling customer care.
- Using Gtbank 737 service code.
- Texting gtb customer service.
- Visiting Gt internet banking Login Portal.
- Using gtbank website.
How to Obtain Gt Internet Banking Login Details By Text
- Text IBANK your NUBAN account number to 08076665555. For example text “IBANK 0121456789” to 08076665555.
- Your ID and password will be sent to your registered email address.
- Then navigate to gt-bank online banking sign in page to confirm it’s working.
Only use this method if you still have access to the email address registered to your gt bank account. You can always visit any branch to update your profile.
Retrieve Gtb Online Banking Login Details By Calling GTConnect
- Dial 08039003900 to connect and follow the voice prompt.
- Select the option for obtaining login details.
- You will be transferred to a customer care agent who will ask for some personal details such as account number, dob, Phone number, Maidens Name etc.
- The agent will then transfer you back to a voice bot. But make sure you retrieve your user id from this agent.
- The voice prompt will ask you to enter your User Id follow by the # key, do so.
- It will then ask you to enter your password follow by the # key. Enter your preferred password.
- Finally, you will be asked to confirm your password and again follow by the # key.
- Log in to your dashboard using the ID you retrieve from the agent and the newly created password.
Another means of getting back your forgotten gt login details is by calling gtbank customer care.
Retrieve Gtbank Online Login Details With 737 Simple Banking Code
- Just Dial *737*6*5# and follow the on-screen prompt to retrieve your gtb mobile/internet banking login details.
How to Retrieve Password & Answer to Security Question via Login Page
- Navigate to gtbank internet login portal.
- Click on retrieve password or security question and enter your user id.
- You will receive a mail containing your password or security answer.
How to Get Back Gt Online Sign In ID & Password via Gtbank.com
- Visit gtbank.com.
- Click on Register under internet banking.
- Provide your account number, required digits of your card, card expiry date, card pin and enter the captcha.
- Click on the continue button.
- Your login details will be sent to your registered email address.
That’s all on gtbank internet banking. Its features, benefits, how to register, obtaining or retrieving login id & password. Kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.