Are you searching for any information related to the Nigerian army recruitment in 2019? Do you want to know how you can join the force and become a soldier?
Here is the ultimate guide you need to follow to successfully apply online for recruitment into the Nigerian army in 2019.
Don’t miss this opportunity to finally make your dream of becoming a soldier and defending your motherland come true. Follow this guide and learn more.
A few days ago, the Nigerian army started a massive natonwide recruitment into its Short Service Commission (SSC) and Direct Service Commission.
According to the information which was published on their official website and their verified social media handles, interested and qualified persons can now apply online for recruitment into the force through the army’s official website.
To avoid getting confused while trying to do this on your own, I would recommend you follow this step guide to successfully apply and get recruited into the force without much hassle.
Before applying for the force online, below are a few things that will be required of you.
What You Need To Know Before Beginning The Application Process
1.) You will be required to thoroughly go through the qualification criteria on the website and find out if you are qualified to apply for recruitment in the first place. Don’t panic, you will get to read that here.
2.) Your academic certificates (WASSCE, university degree etc) must be ready with you. You will be required to upload them while applying online.
3.) Unless your camera is very very clear, do not use your phone to snap these. Visit a cyber cafe and have them use a computer scanner get it done for you.
4.) A recent passport photograph, that clearly shows your face will also be required of you. If you don’t already have this on your device, quickly scan one and keep it handy.
5.) Any other relevant certificate you have can also be uploaded. So get it ready before applying.
6.) You will be required to also provide your personal information. Things like your date of birth, state of origin, L.G.A, Parents/guardians information etc.
If you easily forget such things or always make mistakes when entering them on forms, then keeping an ID close-by will really be of a great help to you.
That way, you can always use it to cross-check the information you entered about yourself on the platform.
Nigerian Army Recruitment Qualification Criteria
Here is the 2019 qualification criteria for recruitment into the Nigerian army. All applicants are required to carefully read and understand this before proceeding with the application.
1.) You must be a citizen of Nigeria by birth and own a valid National Identity Card. You can visit any NIMC centre and register for one as fast as you can if you don’t already have it or use any other relevant ID card for it.
2.) You must have a minimum of 4 credits in not more than two sittings in NABTEB/NECO/GCE/WAEC. 1 out of those 4 credits must be in English Language subject.
3.) If you are applying for it under Tradesmen/women category, you must have OND/Trades, Test/City and Guild certificates. The documents must be ready with you.
4.) For Tradesmen/women, as an applicant you must be between the age of 18 and 26 years. If you are applying for the non tradesmen/women category, you must be between the age of 18 and 22.
5.) Do not consider applying if you are above that, remember your documents showing your age will be required of you later. Falsifying your age will do you more harm than good, especially if you are caught.
Also Read: Richest Politicians in Nigeria
6.) As a male, you must not be less than 1.68 meters tall (that is about 5.6 feet), and for females you must not be less than 1.62 meters (approximately 5.4 feet).
7.) A knowledge of any Nigerian language apart from your mother tongue is an added advantage according to the website.
Adding to the above listed qualification is a Knowledge of how to operate a computer application like Ms-word, browsers and so on.
If you have gone through the above criteria and you are qualified, then follow the step by step guide in the next section to begin the application process.
A breakdown of the Recruitment Application Process (A step by Step Guide).
- Using your device, log on to https://www.nigerianarmyms.ng (careful so you don’t make a mistake in the url. Copy it from here if possible and paste it on your browser’s address bar).
- If you have not gone through the qualification criteria like I mentioned earlier in this post, do it now. If you have, then there is no need repeating it. If you are qualified to apply for the job, move on to the next step.
- You will see two recruitment application options on the homepage. The first one is Direct Service Commission (DSC) while the second is Short Service Commission (SSC). Select the one you are sure is the appropriate one for you.
- If you are not sure, kindly ask for help either from the cyber cafe owners or a friend in the military.
- Having chosen the right application type, click on “Register” and properly fill the registration form. You can only do this once per individual, so calm down and do it well.
- If the registration is successful, you will receive a message from the Nigerian army on the email address you entered during registration telling you that you have successfully registered on the platform.
- Go back to the army website and login using the information you entered in step (4) above to begin the real recruitment application proper.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will be required to enter your biodata (your personal information)
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport photograph at the place provided for it. (Note: this must be a recent passport that clearly shows your face).
- Enter your qualifications and upload the documents (your academic certificates etc). If successful, a new page will open bearing your whole data which you are to print out.
- Print out the whole documents (Your photo card) as you see them on the site. You will be required to take it to a Law Court in Nigeria and have them sign on the first page for you.
- After that, you are to take it to your Local Government Chairman or secretary and have him or her sign on the second page for you. In case you don’t have access to any of them, a military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or above that comes from your state of origin can also sign on that second page for you.
2019 could actually be your year of having your dream of joining the Nigerian army come to pass. Even you have applied for it before without success, give it a shot again and who knows, maybe this time you will succeed.
Before applying for the nigerian army recruitment, ensure you go through informations written in this guide carefully and ask questions wherever you feel lost or confused. I will respond to those questions as soon as I can.
If the military is not your thing, you can also consider the Nigerian Civil Defence. You may end up getting recruited into the service.
I hope you find this guide useful. Goodluck in your application.