If you just got your Spectranet device, or are generally seeking on how to navigate the site with ease, then this post is just for you as it explain their self care dashboard.
It is possible to check certain key areas on Spectranet without any assistance-from login on your Spectranet account, to checking your balance, to buying a data plan.
There is just so much you can do on Spectranet, and by yourself too.
This article is a step-by-step guide to a lot of things you could about Spectranet and how it works.
The internet services provided by Spectranet was the very first in Nigeria, which launched the 4G LTE.
Spectranet aims at connecting you to what matters most- spouse, family, friends, and even business. With Spectranet, you always come first.
Spectranet, the smart internet for the home and office, offers 4G LTE services.
They also offers one of the fastest and most qualitative internet services in the country.
It is a reliable, dependable, as well as affordable internet service provider. It was launched in 2009, and has grown to become one of the prominent service providers in Nigeria.
This internet provider offers both Wi-Fi and Mi-Fi services, which are both really fast.
Spectranet Self Care 2020
Their portal is 192.168.8.1 >> Self Care or https://www.spectranet.com.ng.
If you are still unsure as to how Spectranet works, and all it entails, you’re in the right place and you’d be amazed at just how easy it is to operate.
Spectranet has created a platform whereby you can carry out basic activities by yourself.
Their Self-Care platform is a portal/website whereby you; as a Spectranet user can view your personal account, and the activities in that account, at any time, and from anywhere.
You can view how much data you have left, track and monitor your data usage, renew data plans, and so much more.
Everything in your Spectranet account are displayed on your dashboard.
How to Login to Self Care
To login on your Spectranet account is easy, and is definitely a do it yourself process. Before then however, if you do not have a Spectranet account, you can follow the few easy steps to create one;
- Navigate to 192.168.8.1
- Enter the default username and password you were given at the Spectranet office.
- Once you are logged in, you’d be notified to change the default password.
- Follow the link and change the default password to a personalized one.
P.S: Do not forget the new password, as it would be required when you need to login.
The above steps takes you to spectranet web page and to login to your self care dashboard, tap on self care and enter your username and password that you will have to create the first time.
It’s different those of the web page.
How to Pay for Subscription
If you want to pay for subscription yourself, simply follow the procedures below.
There are four ways though, through which you can make payments on Self-Care.
- I.) In person
- II.) Pay online (scroll down for details)
- III.) Recharge vouchers
- IV.) Bank payment
There are various banks in which you can make payments for your Spectranet internet services;
- Access/Diamond Bank
- First Bank Nigeria
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- Zenith Bank
When you are done with payments, you can either scan the payment teller or take a screenshot of the valid transaction, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the official email address of the Spectranet internet services.
They will thereby authenticate your payment.
How to Change Wi-Fi Key
If you are using your Spectranet device, you are advised not to retain your default Wi-Fi key.
This is because anyone can connect to your network by just coming in contact with your device.
The default key is always printed on your device, which is why you are advised to personalize your password.
You can change your Wi-Fi key in simple steps;
- Connect to your device’s Wi-Fi or WLAN
- On your web browser, type “192.168.8.1” in the address bar, and then click “enter”. This then takes you straight to the Spectranet portal
- Provide your login details in the ‘login’ box
- Click on the “settings” icon
- Click on “Wi-Fi Settings”
- Change your SSID
- Change your Wi-Fi Key
- Change Login Password etc.
It is only natural to forget things sometimes, if perhaps you forget your password, don’t fret.
There are steps you can take to create a new one.
- Click on the “forgot password” link, which appears on the login interface of your self care screen
- Enter your username in the space provided
- Enter the characters which pops up in the security image
- Click “submit”
- You will then receive a new temporary password via SMS or Email
- Enter your new temporary password, and you can then have access to your Self-Care dashboard.
You can then decide to change your password to something you would easily remember your pet’s name, the city you were born, a special date, or any other suggestion which appeals to you.
How to Make Payments & Renew your Data Plan Online
If you have never made a renewal payment, the following will walk you easily through the process.
- Login to https://selfcare.spectranet.com.ng, using your username ID and password
- Select the tab marked “internet” from the list of services
- Next, select the “Spectranet” internet service
- Enter in your identification details
- If, however, you want to renew an existing plan, select the “renew plan” tab. You can as well top up your account and therefore pay for any plan you so desire.
- Proceed by entering the Spectranet account details you want to top up
- Select the card type and then click the “Payment Successful” tab. That is, if you are paying via your debit card
- You can also complete your payment via your bank account
- You can renew using quickteller, Paga, Recharge Voucher, Interswitch.
How to Check your Spectranet Data Balance
You can as well check your data balance yourself
It is therefore wise to learn and know how to do it yourself, without much effort or stress
You do not have to run out of data and then get notified before renewing your data bundle
You can frequently keep your eyes on how much data you have left, and thus, know when you need a new subscription.
- Visit https://www.spectranet.com.ng/
- You would see a blue Self-Care menu, click on it to proceed
- There is a red button tagged “Login to Self-Care”, simply click on it
- Log in to your Spectranet account, using your User ID and Password
- Your personal dashboard then comes up on the screen.
- Scroll down way to the bottom.
- You will see your available and bonus balance in the following format. For instance, 20:151:22.
The first two digits is counted in gigabytes, the next in megabytes and finally the last in kilobytes.
This, however, is one out of two methods which you can use in checking your data balance.
The second method is by using your phone.
All you need to do is put a call through to the customer service contact lines.
If you do not know, or cannot remember their numbers, you can retrieve in three simple steps.
- Visit Spectranet site
- You would see their contact details on the page, after clicking the “contact us” link
- Make a call with the contact numbers provided, and ask them how much data you have left.
Since this article is about bringing you ease as you use the Spectranet network, the company’s contact details are listed below.
- Plot 36B, Mobolaji Johnson Avenue, Oregun Industrial Estate Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos State.
- You could also visit the official site https://www.spectranet.com.ng, fill out the form and send your message.
If you haven’t joined the Spectranet family yet, you may want to consider it. Besides owning a device, and purchasing data plans, you could also own the Spectranet MiFi.