Home » Education » ASUU Disapproves of NUC Curriculum Minimum Academic Standards

ASUU Disapproves of NUC Curriculum Minimum Academic Standards

by NaijNaira
0 comment
ASUU Disapproves of NUC Curriculum Minimum Academic Standards

Here Is The Easy Money-Making Trick Everyone Is Talking About! Learn More Here!

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has expressed its disapproval of the Core Curriculum Minimum Academic Standards (CCMAS) prepared by the National Universities Commission (NUC).

ASUU argues that the CCMAS is a threat to quality university education and undermines the authority of university Senates in Nigeria.

The union highlights that the NUC has imposed 70% of the CCMAS contents on the Nigerian University System, leaving only 30% for the university Senates to work on.

ASUU raises concerns about the shortcomings and inadequacies of the CCMAS documents.

While acknowledging that the NUC has the responsibility to set academic standards, ASUU emphasizes that the process of generating these standards is equally important.

The union suggests that the NUC should encourage universities to propose innovations for the review of their programs, using a bottom-up approach rather than a top-down approach like the CCMAS.

This article was updated 4 months ago

BEFORE YOU GO...

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Copyright © – 2024 CIV DigiTech Media Ltd. All Rights Reserved