Here Is The Easy Money-Making Trick Everyone Is Talking About! Learn More Here!
The final moments of the life of a 17-year-old boy killed “almost instantly” by electrocution during a game of football have been revealed.
Luke Bennett was playing with seven of his friends on the grounds of Euxton Villa Football Club in Chorley on March 6 2021.
But tragedy struck when a whopping 11,0000 volts of electricity shot through a metal pole he was holding as it touched a power line.
He was messing around with the pole normally used to separate the substitutes bench from the pitch, and he tried to straighten it, Lancs Live reports.
But things took a dark turn when the deadly electrical current shot threw it.
Luke, a former footballer for AFC Fylde, and his friends Lewis Geszke and Ben Wilcock were all blasted to the ground.
Lewis and Ben were left unconscious and awoke to find CPR being performed on their pal whose heart had “completely stopped”.
Luke was pronounced dead at 6.48pm by paramedics.
Speaking at an inquest held at County Hall in Preson this week about his son’s death, his dad said: “He always asked us to take him to a friend’s house or to play football somewhere at Buckshaw or Euxton.
“I said I’d take him and pick him up.
“I dropped him off, up the drive, which I’ve done dozens of times.”
During the inquest it was revealed that paramedics were initially sent to the wrong place – it was also marked as the lower Category Two call, rather than a Category One.
According to the Lancashire Post, the paramedics were sent to Runshaw College, costing them several minutes at the actual scene of the incident.
Consultant cardiologist Dr Ian Schofield, called to give expert evidence, said: “It is more likely than not that he would have survived had CPR been started earlier.
“And if a defibrillator had been available and used within the first 10 minutes it is highly likely he would have survived.”
The inquest is still ongoing.
This article was updated 4 months ago