The early days of mobile banking using ussd code in Nigeria started with few banks. One of them was gtbank and their *737* still remains one of the most feature rich and reliable ussd for mobile banking in the country today. Among most used features of 737 is gtbank transfer code.
With gtbank mobile transfer, you can send funds from your account to another gtbank account or to other banks in Nigeria.
Do you know the interesting part? You don’t need to be connected to the internet to do this. Meaning you can transfer to any account in Nigeria on any mobile device.
You can perform gtbank online transfer using any of their mobile applications or their internet banking platform.
Gtbank Transfer Code
Code to transfer from gtbank is *737# but before you can start using gtbank mobile transfer ussd, you need to first meet the requirements below.
Alertz Number: You must have a number registered to your gtbank account. It is the only number that is eligible for performing this transaction.
Transfer PIN: If you are using simple banking code for the first time, you need to create a 737 PIN.
Mobile Phone: Any phone that can check airtime balance will work.
Gtbank Mobile Transfer Code: Off course, all the above are useless without it.
You don’t Have Alertz Number or I have Changed My Number?
I find it hard to be believe you don’t have a number associated to your bank account but it is quite possible you lost or changed your number.
That’s okay, it is nothing to worry about. You can easily update your profile to associate and link the new phone number to your account. There are two options here.
1.) Walk into any branch of gtbank and tell the customer care agent assigned to you that you want to change your alertz number or the number linked to or associated with your gtbank profile.
2.) You can use this during or after the working hours, weekend and public holidays. Visit the nearest gtbank atm to you and logged into your account. Now instead of clicking the inquiry or withdrawal button, hit the update profile button and follow the on-screen instruction to change your number.
New to Gtbank 737? Here is how to Create or Change Transfer PIN
Transfer or transaction PIN is needed to complete or authenticate a transfer. It was introduce in the first quarter of 2017 to make the mobile banking ussd code more secure.
Before then, you need the last 4 digit of your ATM card to complete transactions which is not too secure for most people especially against your siblings or children.
Take me for example, everybody i know have access to my ATM card meaning they can easily transfer to themselves if they can get their hands on my alertz number.
Below is how to create transfer pin.
- Dial *737*5# with your alertz number or *737# >> 7.
- Type 1 to activate with your ATM card or 2 with account number.
- For option 1, enter the last 6 digit of your card.
- If you input 2, you have to enter your 10 digit Nuban account number.
- Enter any 4 digit you can easily remember to create or change your transfer PIN.
- Confirm the entered PIN by typing it again.
That’s it you have successfully changed your transaction PIN and you are ready to make your first transfer.
How to use Gtb Money Transfer Code
You can send money from your own gtbank account to another gtbank account (intra bank transfer) or to accounts in other banks in Nigeria (inter bank transfer).
Gtb to Gtb Transfer (Intra Bank Transfer)
- Call *737*1*Amount*Account Number# or dial *737# >> 4.
- Authenticate transfer with your 4-digit PIN.
You will receive notification of successful transfer. But if the transaction failed, the notification will say why it does.
Transfer from Gtbank to Other Banks (Inter Transfer)
- Dial *737*2*Amount*Account Number# or dial *737# >> 5.
- Choose the recipient’s bank from listed options.
- Confirm receiver’s details.
- Input your PIN to complete the transfer.
You will receive notification of either successful or failed transfer. The notification will contain why the transfer failed if it does.
Gtbank Mobile Transfer Charges & Limit
- Transaction Charges: intra bank transfer is free but inter bank transfer attracts 52.5 Naira charges.
- Network Charges: You may need 1 – 2 Naira to make the transfer.
- Daily Limit: You can’t transfer up to 1 million (1,000,000) Naira in a day. 200,000 Naira per transaction.
The emergence of ussd codes and integration of ICT into the banking industry have made financial transaction much more easier, safer and faster. Gtbank transfer code using your mobile phone without having to be online or connected to the internet is one of its advantages.