What are the requirements for collection of NYSC certificate? How do I get my NYSC certificate? How can I get my NYSC certificate online? How Long Does It Take to Get NYSC exemption certificate? How do I know if my NYSC certificate is real? Can the NYSC certificate be replaced? How can I get an NYSC exemption certificate? How do I know my NYSC certificate number? What is the difference between an exemption letter and an NYSC certificate? Can a 30-year old go for NYSC? Does the NYSC certificate carry a Birth Date? How do I verify an NYSC certificate?
Difference Between Exemption/Exclusion Letter And NYSC Certificate
Here Is The Easy Money-Making Trick Everyone Is Talking About! Learn More Here
So what is the difference between an exemption/exclusion letter and an NYSC certificate?
What is an exclusion letter in NYSC?
A letter of exclusion is what is issued to part-time students of any University in Nigeria or abroad. This set of people will not be called up for the NYSC orientation course. They don’t receive a certificate of exemption either, what they get is a letter of exclusion.
An exemption letter or certificate of exemption is the one issued to full-time students who graduated from the University at the age of 30 or above. In this case, they don’t qualify to serve so they are exempted.
That is the difference between the NYSC exemption letter and the exclusion letter.
But which other persons are eligible for exemption?
In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;
“With effect from 1st August 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification” :
- He is over the age of thirty (30) years
- He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
- He is a member of staff of any of the following:
- The Nigerian Security Organization or
- The State Security Service, or
- The National Intelligence Agency or
- The Defence Intelligence Service
- He has been conferred with any National Honour.
And lastly, the NYSC Discharge Certificate.
This is the one given to Nigerian graduates who studied in a local or foreign institution with a regular degree and were mobilised for service and did the mandatory service for one year.
Also, they must have graduated before the age of thirty to be eligible for this.
Requirements For Collection Of NYSC Certificate
1. Certificate of National Service is issued to State Secretariats at the Directorate headquarters through the State Certification Officers thrice a year for delivery to deserving Corps members.
2. Only Corps members duly discharged from National Service and Certificated on presentation of letters of clearance from employers, CDS Inspectors and I.D card are issued with Certificates.
3. Those who benefited from the WAP loan facility are issued theirs on full repayment of the loans.
4. Corps members with pending disciplinary case(s) are not certificated until he/she is cleared.
Loss of NYSC Certificate of Exemption
In the case of loss of Certificate of Exemption, the following steps are to be taken.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Letter of Introduction from where the Ex-Corps member is discharged i.e. State of Service
- Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate
NYSC policy prohibits the reprinting of lost or burnt Certificates so what you will end up going home with is a Letter of Confirmation.
Error In NYSC Certificate
If you have any error on your Certificate, return it immediately to the State Certification Officer for possible correction where the error is traceable to NYSC.
Certificates are produced based on what the Ex-Corps member penned on the format during the orientation exercise.
Just follow the steps below. And of course, you have to apply in-person:
- To apply for resolving errors in the NYSC certificate in person, you have to visit the office of the National Youth Services Corps State Secretariat.
- The address and contact details of the NYSC State Secretariats can be found here.
- Visit the office and submit the National Youth Services Corps Certificate of Exemption/Discharge that contains errors, at the relevant department.
- National Youth Services Corps will start the necessary processes to make the required corrections to your Certificate.
- Meanwhile, you have to prepare a handwritten application as a request for the required correction.
- Then, you need to combine this application and the documents mentioned below for collection of your corrected Certificate.
- Further, you should visit the State Secretariat and submit the application package at the office on prior notification from the office.
- After submitting the application, you should proceed to NYSC NDHQ for collection of corrected Certificate.
When you go to NYSC NDHQ for the collection of your corrected Certificate, the following are required of you:
- Certificate to be resolved
- Introduction letter from State Secretariat (for collecting from HQ)
- Written application request
- Acceptable and valid proof of Identity
- Any supporting document (as instructed)
It is important that the completed application contains all the information required properly and the letter must be completed legibly, in order to get accepted by the authorities.
Make sure that you attach all the required documents as specified by the authority to avoid rejections.
Note that the NYSC will only attend to errors made by them and will not consider incorrect information from the institution, JAMB, or candidates themselves.