Here Is The Easy Money-Making Trick Everyone Is Talking About! Learn More Here!
A copy of the agreement signed by the Federal Government and Organised Labour has surfaced online, shared by former Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo.
The agreement was reached after a six-hour meeting between representatives of the government and labour leaders to resolve the disagreement following the recent announcement of fuel subsidy removal by President Bola Tinubu.
Keyamo, who was drafted by the government to assist in the negotiations, shared the agreement signed by the Presidents of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC), as well as other officials.
The NLC Secretary-General was absent from the meeting and did not sign the agreement.
The resolutions reached resulted in the suspension of the proposed strike action by the NLC.
See resolutions reached at the end of the meeting below:
- The Federal Government, the TUC, and the NLC to establish a joint committee to review the proposal for any wage increase or award and establish a framework and timeline for implementation.
- The Federal Government, the TUC, and the NLC to review World Bank Financed Cash transfer scheme and propose the inclusion of low-income earners in the program.
- The Federal Government, the TUC, and the NLC to revive the CNG conversion program earlier agreed with Labor centers in 2021 and work out detailed implementation and timing.
- The Labour Centers and the Federal Government to review issues hindering effective delivery in the education sector and propose solutions for implementation.
- The Labour Centers and the Federal Government to review and establish the framework for the completion of the rehabilitation of the nation’s refineries.
- The Federal Government to provide a framework for the maintenance of roads and expansion of rail networks across the country.
- All other demands submitted by the TUC to the Federal Government will be assessed by the joint committee
Consequently, the parties agreed follows:
A. The NLC to suspend the notice of strike forthwith to enable further consultations
B. The TUC and the NLC to continue the ongoing engagements with the Federal Government and secure closure on the resolutions above
C. The Labour Centers and the Federal Government are to meet on June 19, 2023, to agree on an implementation framework.
This article was updated 6 months ago