Here Is The Easy Money-Making Trick Everyone Is Talking About! Learn More Here!
There are drugs some men use that they don’t know kills their $ex drive, regardless of the original aim of taking the medication.
News18.com is running this weekly $ex column, titled ‘Let’s Talk $ex’ and this particular piece is written by $exologist Prof (Dr) Saransh Jain.
In this article, Dr Jain will explain how hair loss treatment can affect your $ex life and what are other available treatment options.
- Nollywood Actress Georgina Ibeh on a date with Cristiano Ronaldo?
- Kim Kardashian “is trapped” in her marriage – Source reveals
Prof (Dr) Saransh Jain is the winner of the Swasth Bharat Rattan Award and is a Certified and Licensed $exologist by the American Board of $exology. He is currently a Senior Consultant at Dr SK Jain’s Burlington Clinic in Lucknow.
One of the most effective hair loss treatments available is finasteride, a medication that reduces your body’s production of dihydrotestosterone, or DHT.
WHAT IS FINASTERIDE?
Finasteride belongs to a category of drugs called 5α-reductase inhibitors. It works by binding to the 5α-reductase enzyme and blocking the enzyme from converting your testosterone into DHT. DHT, or dihydrotestosterone, is an androgen produced as a bi-product of testosterone.
DHT is a fairly powerful male $ex hormone that’s responsible for things like forming male genitalia during pregnancy. The best way to think of finasteride is as a hormonal shield that keeps your testosterone the way it originally was, all while stopping DHT production.
HOW FINASTERIDE AND $EXU@L PERFORMANCE ARE LINKED
$exu@l Performance and hair loss don’t seem to be directly related. However, there are some factors that may contribute to hair loss that may have a positive effect on your erections and $exu@l performance.
Male $ex hormones, or androgens, are a major contributing factor that overlaps between $exu@l health and hair loss. DHT, the major hormone that causes male pattern baldness, is created as a bi-product of the primary male $ex hormone testosterone.
Although high levels of testosterone (and thus DHT) usually aren’t good for your hairline, at the same time, healthy testosterone levels are important for proper $exu@l desire and function.
HOW DOES FINASTERIDE LOWER $EXU@L PERFORMANCE?
Since DHT blockers like finasteride prevent the conversion of testosterone to DHT, they can cause a slight increase in your testosterone production, which may result in a noticeably reduced interest in $ex.
Just like reduced $ex drive, some people also have also reported erection issues due to the lower level of DHT. Therefore, from a hormonal perspective, one of the main culprits behind hair loss is required for maintaining a healthy $ex drive and strong erections.
Potential side effects of finasteride which can lower your $exu@l desires:
- Decreased libido
- Inability to get or maintain an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Pain or discomfort that affects the testicles
- Ejaculation disorders or problems, such as decreased ejaculatory volume
- Changes in mood or depression
SHOULD YOU TAKE HAIR-LOSS TREATMENT?
Whether or not to take them is ultimately your choice. What’s clear is that the earlier you start to treat your hair loss, the more successful you’ll be in preventing further hair loss. Some other Hair Loss Treatment options are also available to help slow down and treat hair loss.
- Over the Counter Products: Numerous supplements and non-pharmaceutical products are available to help slow down and treat hair loss. These supplements aren’t as effective as finasteride, but they can be a helpful part of your baldness prevention routine.
- Hair thickening shampoo: There are countless hair thickening shampoos on the market. Look for shampoos that contain proven ingredients like biotin, ketoconazole and saw palmetto, all of which have real benefits for your hair.
- Hair transplantation surgery: Hair transplant surgery is a medical treatment that involves transplanting hairs from the back and sides of your head (areas that aren’t affected by male pattern baldness) onto your crown, hairline or other areas with hair loss.
- Scalp micro pigmentation: Scalp micro pigmentation is a cosmetic procedure that can change the pigment of your scalp, creating the appearance of small, short hair and a fuller head of hair.
- Hairpieces: While they won’t help you grow back any real hair, hairpieces and weaves can produce surprisingly good results if you need to fill in thin spots and cover up your hair loss for an important event.
- Acceptance: If your hair loss is severe and you’re not interested in treating it, you can simply accept it. Whether you choose to shave your head or keep your remaining hair cut short, rocking the bald look can be a great option if you’ve got the confidence.
If you’re starting to notice that your hair loss treatment drugs that block DHT are affecting your $ex life, then consult your doctor.