Do you know how to transfer airtime on MTN Nigeria? I will help guide you on how to send airtime from MTN to MTN.
MTN Share is what the telecom calls it now although it used to known as Share ‘N’ Sell. The MTN Share is a service that allows you to transfer airtime(credit) from one MTN account to another MTN account.
All new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network are eligible for this product and t is Free of Charge (FOC).
How To Transfer Airtime On Mtn To Mtn
But before you can get started, you must change the default PIN which is 0000.
MTN Share PIN
To change yours
- Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 5678 5678’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*5678*5678# and then send/OK.
Once done, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
Code For Transferring Airtime On Mtn Via SMS
Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08038910111 1500 5678’ to 777.
Immediately after you send this message, you will receive an SMS that will want you to confirm that you want to make the transfer, so now you send an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
Mtn Airtime Transfer Via USSD
To do this, you just need to dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08038910111*1500*56784# and then send/OK.
Once done, you will receive a message notifying you of the success of the transfer.
See Also: How To Register As Firstmonie Agent
Terms & Conditions
- You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer ₦81.00 but not ₦81.91.
- You can transfer between ₦50.00 – ₦5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to ₦100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is in positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is ₦-300.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is ₦1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available ₦1,000.00 in your account.
If by chance you are interested in MTN’s MiFi subscription price, you can see it in the article I wrote on MTN MiFi data packages.
Here Is The Easy Money-Making Trick Everyone Is Talking About! Learn More Here