Root Infinix Hot S X521 and Flash TWRP Recovery Image.
Infinix Hot S was recently launched by Infinix mobility, it rocks some awesome specs and features which include full metal body, Android 6.0 out of the box, Full HD display, 13MP rear camera with finger print scanner close to it. In this article, you will learn how to root infinix hot S X521 and install/port/flash twrp recovery image.
Since Kingroot and other easy to use rooting apps can’t root Hot S, you will be needing the following things.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Infinix Hot S X521 (goo.gl/TGhWZf). Credit goes to Team Hovatek.
- Latest version of SP Flash Tool @ (http://spflashtool.com/).
- Download and Install Vcom Drivers (goo.gl/AnOl3J).
- Fully charged Windows PC.
- SuperSU.Zip (goo.gl/0gPpde) and move it to the root of your phone memory.
- USB Cable.
Guide to Install or Flash TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S X521.
You need to first install MTK Vcom driver on your Pc and turn On USB debugging on your device. You can check the guide above to download and install USB Vcom driver and follow the step below to Turn On USB debugging.
To enable Debugging, you need to be a developer first, so navigating to Settings >> About Phone >> Build number >> Tap on Build number 5-8 times depending on your phone manufacturer until you see notification that you are now a developer.
Now Go back to Enable USB debugging on your Android device. Go to Settings >> Developer Options and check the box behind USB Debugging.
You need to first port the twrp image before you can root infinix Hot S.
- Extract Hot S TWRP recovery compressed folder you earlier downloaded to your desktop.
- Also extract/Un-Zip the SP flash tool to your desktop, open the extracted folder and run the flash_tool.exe as administrator.
- Click on scatter-loading at top the right corner of SP flash, navigate to infinix Hot S twrp recovery image folder and select the scatter.txt.
- Tick only Recovery option on SP Flash tool and leave the remaining unchecked.
- Switch off your Infinix Hot S, click on Download at the top left corner of SP flash tool and connect it to your Pc with USB cable.
- The porting or installation of TWRP recovery on infinix Hot S will start, and a Green button will appear once the process is completed.
- Disconnect your phone from Pc and terminate SP Flash tool.
That’s all with flashing of TWRP recovery image for Hot S X521. Now let’s root infinix X521.
How to Root Infinix Hot S X521.
- Place/Move the SuperSu.Zip file to the root of your phone memory. Meaning it shouldn’t be inside any folder.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up and Power button together.
- From the available options, select install.
- Look for SuperSu.Zip and select it.
- Wait for the flashing/installation to complete and boot up your phone.
- You can confirm your device is rooted by navigating to Play Store and install Root checker.
That’s all on how to root infinix hot S and flash/install/port twrp recovery image.You can also check our previous articles on how to root infinix hot 4 and infinix note 3 (pro).