Do you wish to know BBNaija audition requirements, how to get the form, their registration website, audition date and venue as well as the closing date and deadline? All of that will be revealed in this article shortly.
Big Brother Naija first aired on MNET in 2006, although the reality TV franchise was created by John de Mol Jr and was first aired in Netherland in 1999, the franchise is now owned by Endemol, a television production company founded in 1994.
After running nine seasons, the Big Brother show was cancelled in 2014, giving rise to the Big Brother Naija franchise gaining momentum.
What Are BBNaija Audition Requirements?
I will now guide you on the procedures to apply for the Big Brother Naija show and how to be successful in the audition.
The BBNaija audition requirements and procedures are given below so you can register for the audition.
Bbnaija Form Price
The form is totally free as the organizers do not charge anything. Also, the processes are very strict and not biased.
You do not need to buy or make any payment for the form. It is open to all Nigerians. All you need is to make yourself available for the process.
- If you are selected by the Producers for the next phase of the auditions, you must avail yourself of a possible video interview.
- If you are selected for the next phase, you will be contacted via email. Make sure your email address is correct and check your email to see if you qualify.
- If you are selected by the Producers for an interview, you must be willing to travel to Lagos at a time as scheduled by the Producers at their sole discretion for the final selection process.
- You must be willing to live in the Big Brother Naija house located in Lagos with approximately a dozen or more strangers where you will have little or no privacy. If you are chosen to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence.
- The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week in every room and space in the house for the duration of your participation in the contest. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television, the Internet, mobile devices and any and all other media.
- One participant will receive the grand prize (subject to change at the Producers’ and/or the Broadcaster’s discretion).
- You must be at least 21 years of age by June 1, 2022.
- You must be a Nigerian citizen or permanent resident of Nigeria as of June 1, 2022, and in possession of a valid identity document.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- If you are selected to be interviewed, you may be given and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in Lagos), any further application materials (including but not limited to additional psychological and health questionnaires), or documents (such as your birth certificate, passport, and/or other identification) as well as a Medical History form.
- If selected as you may be required to sign Agreement & Release, Confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), and caretaker agreement; undergo psychological and medical assessments (including blood and urine tests and other additional information as required by Producers. You must also submit to physical and psychological examinations by Producers’ selected medical professional(s) in Lagos and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
- By applying for participation in Big Brother Naija, you authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers.
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of the Broadcaster, Producers and any sponsor of the Program or a contest or prize-related thereto, and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on Big Brother Naija or participate in the application process.
Video Casting Submission Guidelines
Follow the simple steps below to apply for the Big Brother auditions:
- Step 1. Make a video of yourself and save it on your computer or mobile device before starting your application.
- Step 2. Submit your video for assessment.
This is your casting video and must strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- Big Brother Naija Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately 100 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
- Video must be a maximum of 3 minutes in length.
- The maximum 3-minute video should end with you completing the sentence “I would make a perfect housemate because…”
- The video must contain your Name, E-mail and Phone Number clearly stated.
- Avoid all forms of filters, special video effects, copyrighted music and background music.
- Be yourself! We want to get to know who you are as a person. How will your life experience help you win Big Brother? How will you interact with the other housemates?
- When describing yourself, remember to cite real-life examples. We love a good story!
- Making a casting video is not about putting together the best skit or wearing the wackiest costumes. We’re looking for real people and we want to see the real you.
- If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on Big Brother. If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you win the show.
- Hold camera steady.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.
- Your video may be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV.
- Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producers shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
- Producers reserve the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at any time. Producers reserve the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other applicable rules at their sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire applicant pool. Producers also reserve the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, to modify the manner in which they conduct participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program Big Brother at all.
BBNaija Audition Requirements (Online Form)
- FIRST NAME:
- OTHER NAME:
- PREFERRED BIG BROTHER NAIJA NICKNAME:
- PHONE NUMBER:
- BRIEF BIO:
- DATE OF BIRTH:
- STATE OF RESIDENCE:
- COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
- STATE OF ORIGIN:
- RELATIONSHIP STATUS: (SINGLE/DATING/ENGAGED/MARRIED/SEPARATED/DIVORCED/WIDOWED) options can be placed in a drop-down menu.
- NEXT OF KIN:
- RELATIONSHIP TO THE NEXT OF KIN:
- PHONE NUMBER OF NEXT OF KIN:
- CONFIDANT/BEST FRIEND:
- PHONE NUMBER OF BEST FRIEND:
- OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS:
- RELATIONSHIP WITH FAMILY MEMBERS:
- PHONE NUMBER OF FAMILY MEMBER:
- OTHER CONFIDANT/ CLOSE FRIEND:
- PHONE NUMBER OF OTHER CLOSE FRIENDS:
- (*Please ensure that all contact numbers provided are active. Inactive contact may automatically nullify your application. Also, ensure that the contact addresses provided are up-to-date).
- MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION:
- IDENTIFICATION NUMBER:
- Application for entry Video Content: (this is what the public would be briefed to submit for their audition)
- Without telling Big Brother why you would want to be on the show, do a 3-minute video telling Big Brother;
- Who you are?
- Unique things about you?
- Your favourite things?
- Likes and Dislikes?
- Briefly talk about your family and close friends?
- The neighbourhood you grew up in and how this has shaped you.
How To register for Big Brother Naija
The application process is online. If you think you have what it takes to be a Housemate this season, then don’t hold back!
You can check this link to complete the form.
You are expected to record a two-minute video of yourself stating why you should be picked to be a Housemate in season 7 of Big Brother Naija. Only after recording your video, then you need to fill out the online registration form and upload your video below.
Please answer all questions on the form fully and honestly. If it is discovered that you have been deliberately untruthful or have withheld information relevant to your character or your past, you will be disqualified from the selection process.
The online audition is free and open to interested male and female participants, who are of Nigerian nationality with a valid Nigerian passport, and must be 21 years of age by June 1, 2022.
The online application process for the Big Brother Naija season 7 is closed (it started on Sunday, May 15th and closed on Friday, May 30th, 2022) The show has already begun. Information regarding the form is available on social media channels.
Big Brother Naija Auditions are held in major cities across Nigeria, cities like Lagos, Abuja, Warri, Benin, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Calabar, Enugu, etc. The 2020 and 2021 auditions were however held online because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Future audition venue(s) will always be stated here.
Wrap Up on BBNaija Audition requirements
Those are all the BBNaija Audition requirements that there s to know. Go out there and have some fun!