Do you want to know how to use My Dstv app? With it, you can rule over your TV, your decoder and your remote!
As a DStv Customer, the MyDStv app gives you the power to take control of your viewing experience and to control and enhance your entertainment.
When you log in to the MyDStv app, a host of additional features, functionality and a much more personalised DStv experience will be unlocked.
Things you can do With the MyDStv app
- DStv Self Service: 10 Things You Can Do With It
- How to Watch Big Brother Naija on DsTv Channel (2022)
Pay DStv account
The MyDStv app offers you a secure and convenient way to pay your DStv account no matter where you are or when it suits you. No queues, no calls, no waiting for office hours.
- Open the app and tap View/Pay
- Confirm your payment method, including EFT, credit card, Snapscan, debit order, MasterPass, Zapper and money transfer.
- The app will then step you through everything from typing in a payment amount onward, and it’ll let you know when your payment has been successful.
Clear error messages
You’re ready to watch your show, it’s snacks and relaxation time! But what’s this? An error message?!?! No need to yell for help, because the answer is already in your hands. With the MyDStv app, you can tap-tap-tap and get your evening back, no matter when you’re trying to watch.
- Your DStv decoder will give you an error code on your TV on that “blue screen of death”
- Open the App and tap on the Manage tab on the bottom strip
- Select Clear Error Codes
- Confirm which decoder or account is giving the error so that the App knows what it’s working with
- Scroll through the list of errors until you find your matching error number
- Click confirm, and the tech bits and pieces will talk amongst themselves until they have everything sorted out, while you enjoy that cup of tea
- And voila, it’s showtime again
Say “Oh no” to FOMO. Read this month’s highlights packages and there’s that 1 show or event that tips the scales for you? You can quickly switch to a new package using the MyDStv app.
- Open the MyDStv app and tap change package
- Select the DStv package that you’d like to switch to
- The app will then step you through making the change
- And all the TV you want will be yours to enjoy on the very same day
Linking ADD Movies to your existing DStv package makes DStv’s Premium movie channels M-Net Movies 1, M-Net Movies 2 and fliekNET available on your DStv decoder, DStv App and on Catch Up. You could watch it all when you ADD Movies to your DStv Compact Plus, Compact, Family or Access subscription for just R99 per month.
- Open the MyDStv
- Select Manage
- Select ADD Movies
- Select your package from the dropdown list
- Click the movies package dropdown and select ADD Movies
- Get watching!
Plus, with the latest updates to the MyDStv app, you can enhance your DStv viewing even further by making use of the immersive experiences we’ve introduced within the MyDStv app that allow you to be part of some of our best shows on the MyDStv app while you watch.
In summary, these are the features of the MyDStv app:
- Sign up for the free, fabulous Rewards programme
- Check your subscription balance
- Pay for your subscription & stay connected
- Manage and update your personal information
- Upgrade or downgrade your package
- Easily fix common errors on your decoder
- View your entire payment history at a glance
- Read live news from around the world
- Find new shows to watch for yourself of your kids and browse the DStv TV Guide without interrupting anyone’s shows
- Manage your holiday viewing experience
- Change your package
- ADD Movies to your package
How to download and register on MyDStv app
The MyDStv app is available in the Apple, Google Play, and Huawei app stores.
- Visit the Apple iStore or the Google Play Store today
- Search “MyDStv SA” or click here
- Install the MyDStv app
- Open the MyDStv app and tap the “More” icon in the bottom menu
- Select Log In
- If you already have a DStv account, go ahead and enter your email address and password
If you are registering for the first time:
- Start by filling in an email address, and mobile number and choose a strong password
- Click create an account
- Fill in the DStv account holder’s ID number, DStv smartcard number, or DStv customer number
- Check your inbox for a confirmation
Forgot your password?
- When logging in, click the “reset password” option or go here
- Enter the email address or mobile number you signed up with
- Click Reset
- You will receive a 4-digit OTP (one-time pin) either in your inbox or on your phone
- Enter the OTP
- Reset your password
- Log into your MyDStv app with your new password
Now that you know how to use My Dstv app, just open the App and tap! And from there on, the App will guide you through doing everything from paying your DStv account, to enhancing your package when you ADD Movies, to busting those decoder error messages and more.