DsTv Now is a streaming service that brings everything dstv experience to your phones and Pc. This include supersport channels airing the ongoing fifa world cup.
Consider it an online dstv as it allows you to stream live tv shows and sports anywhere, anytime on any device from Android (Phones & Tablets) and iOS (iPhones & iPads) to Pc (Windows & MacBook).
Russia 2018 world cup commenced couple of days ago and one of the most asked question apart from match fixtures is how to watch the tournament online.
Considering time zones across the world, it is a fact that some of these matches won’t fall in some countries social hour. This is where ds-tv now comes in.
With it running on your gadget (phone or laptop), you have viable option of watching these matches anywhere outside your home.
DsTv Now Requirements
As i said earlier, it is an online experience of dstv. Meaning this service is available on any device with access to the internet.
Smartphones (Android & iOS)
You need to navigate to your device app store to download and install the app.
Smartphones user also have the option to download the streaming content. An option that is not available for Pc.
Pc (Windows & Mac OS)
There is no app for Pc. You can only access this service from your laptop’s browser.
Below is the list of compatible OS and browsers.
- Windows 10: Latest version of Microsoft Edge, Opera, Chrome v53 (or higher), Firefox 47 (or higher), Explorer v11 (or higher).
- Mac OS X: Safari 9 (Mac OS v10.11 and higher), Mozilla Firefox v47 (or higher), Google Chrome 53 or higher.
- Windows 8.1: Internet Explorer 11 or higher.
However, irrespective of the OS running on your PC, you can access it on the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.
This streaming service require internet access to work. It is recommended you be on a Wi-Fi or an unlimited data bundle.
Also strong 3G or 4G networks is recommended for smooth streaming experience. Ntel Wawu might be a good internet plan to use if you reside in Lagos, Abuja or Portharcourt.
If you live outside these major Nigerian cities, you may have to subscribe for mtn data plans or airtel data plans with huge data cap.
However, if you reside in locations with good glo networks, you might want to consider it since they offer cheap data plans. 9mobile bundles are somehow too expensive to be use for streaming.
For those outside Nigeria but in countries where dstv operates, you should also source for an unlimited or huge capped data bundles.
You must be a dstv subscriber to use this service or atleast login details of friends or family that is a subscriber.
It is only accessible for subscribers on Premium, Compact and Compact Plus subscription.
If you are using this service for the first time, you need to register and obtain Connect ID. You need smartcard number for this.
How to Watch World Cup on DsTv (Now).
Smartphone users should download and install the app from their app store while Pc users should navigate to the streaming service home page (https://now.dstv.com).
Follow the steps below to get started.
If you already have a connect ID;
- Login to your DsTv account >> Link your smartcard to your account >> Go to Menu >> Live Tv >> Sport >> Supersport >> Start streaming.
For those that don’t have connect ID;
- Visit the service homepage with your browser and click on Register.
- Select if you have a dstv decoder or not.
- If you have dstv, you will be required to select your country and enter smartcard number.
- Input your name, email, phone number and create password.
- One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your phone number. Enter it into the space provided.
- Tap or Click on Next and complete your registration.
- Navigate to Menu >> Live Tv >> Sport >> Supersport to watch world cup matches live.
This article will be re-touch very soon to reflects other features of dstv now. In the mean time, kindly share this article using the social sharing buttons below.