The Muslim new year, Al-Hijra, starts on Friday, July 29, at sunset.
Similar to Eid al-Adha, it’s a significant date in the Islamic lunar calendar and is a public holiday in Muslim countries including the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia and Tunisia.
Here are some new year wishes, messages and greetings you can send to friends and family.
Al-Hijra Wishes, Greetings & Messages
- “Kulla ‘Aamin wa antum bi khair,” which means “May every year find you in good health”
- Here’s wishing everyone a very blissful and peaceful Islamic Hijri New Year
- Here’s extending my warm greetings to you and your loved ones on the auspicious occasion of Hijri New Year.
- New Hijri Year greetings to you and your family
- On the auspicious day of Muharram, may Allah bless you with health, wealth, peace, and happiness! Happy Islamic New Year Wishes
- May all the praises and thanks be to Allah to whom belongs all that is in heavens and on the earth. Have a blessed Muharram
- Here’s hoping that New Year Day brings along with it a new ray of hope. May there be peace and goodness all around. Happy Islamic Hijri New Year.
- As the new year renews all the happiness and good tidings, hope the joyful spirit keeps glowing in your
- May everyone’s life be filled with the light of Islam on the special day of the Islamic Hijri New Year.
- I pray for your success and prosperity on the auspicious occasion of the Islamic New Year, May all your dreams come true.
- Wishing Happy Islamic New Year to all. May this new year bring lots of peace, prosperity, and happiness to the world.
- We must remember that the real Hijrah today is to turn away from the evil which is forbidden from Allah and His Messenger.
- The network of Paradise is Islam, Sim is faith, the bonus is Ramadan, the reserve is prayer, and the helpline is Quran.
- In the New Year of Hijri, may Allah Ta’ala wash away all our sins and grant us the grace to worship more and more in the new year.