There are couple of ways by which you can top up your dstv account balance or renew your subscription. However, one of the most used and easiest way is to use the quickteller dstv payment page.
One of the reasons i prefer quickteller to all other method of payment is that your viewing will be restored almost immediately and with less stress on your side during the renewal process.
So how can you join numerous Nigerians that has already been using this platform to make their payment? Well, that’s exactly what this article is all about and we will do that in full details.
There used to be 3 different sure ways you can do this but right now, it has been reduced to 2. We are only left with the web payment which involve the use of web browsers either on PC or a mobile phone while the second involve the use of ATM. The third option was mobile app which i won’t recommend for anybody to use.
Personally and for most Nigerians, i make use of the web payment as it is the easiest, safest and fastest means of renewing your dstv payment using quickteller platform.
Some of the things you should do before you initiate the renewal / payment process is to make sure your decoder is On, your dstv smart card is correctly inserted into the decoder and most of the times, switching to AM (African Magic) Yoruba makes the restoration of viewing very fast.
That been said, let’s get to the main aim of this article and see how it goes from there.
- Go to quickteller.com/dstv using any browser on phone or personal computer
- On the dstv subscription page, enter your email address and smart card number
- Then, select your preferred subscription options (access, yanga, family, confam, compact, compact plus, premium)
- Then hit the Continue button
- It will generate the total amount you will be paying and the charges on a new page on the right side
- This is where you will enter your debit card details and also choose if it is Savings or Current
- Then hit the Pay button
- You will receive an OTP on the phone number registered to your bank, enter the OTP on the current page and hit next.
- Wait for couple of seconds and you should receive a receipt and confirmation saying “Your Transaction was Successful”
It is that simple. The above steps takes less than 5 minutes. But make sure your debit card is activated for internet banking for this to work. Most Nigerian banks is not by default but you can just walk to a branch of your bank for the activation which takes less than 12 hours to be active and usable.
If your subscription has expired before you make the payment, you might need to reset it to make restoration of view faster. Just text “RA Your_Decoder_Smart_Card_Number” to 30333.
Now, if you do not have a smartphone and want to renew your payment on dstv, then you can easily make use of the ATM and it takes just couple of minutes.
ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
- Just like you want to make a withdrawal or check balance, slot in your debit card and enter PIN
- But instead of withdrawal or balance option, select the “Pay Bills” option
- Then choose if you are using a savings or current account
- Choose dstv from the options that comes up, choose the bouquet you want to pay for and enter your smart card number
- And confirm the payment.
- Like the above method, your debit card must be activated for online or inter-switch transaction for it to work.
DsTv (Digital Satellite Television) is undoubtedly the best pay tv in Nigeria and Africa as a whole and right now, there is no close competition. So knowing how to make payment yourself is very useful and i hope this write up simplify that for you.
You can use it to make payment for any of the packages from Access to Premium any time of the day and from any where.
There are more ways you can pay for your subscriptions and they include Global Pay, mobile and internet banking which simply involves the use of your bank’s app or the bank’s website, Konga Pay etc.
You see, there are numerous options for you to choose from such as paying for dstv using 737 gtb service. But yet, i will recommend quickteller dstv payment method over them all and i said why that is at the beginning of this article.