With *894#, you can send money from your first bank account to another account of same bank or to other Nigerian banks. With the aid of first bank transfer code, you can easily, safely and quickly pay some one for any goods and service rendered without having to carry cash around with you.
The introduction of this version of mobile banking has brought about convenience to users and even the banks. Because it has drastically reduced the length of queue for those that want to send money.
Among the beauty of this platform is that it works on any type of mobile phone, with all the major telecommunication networks in Nigeria, works anywhere, available anytime of the day and night including public holidays and weekends, it is fast, secure, feature-rich and doesn’t require internet access.
Below are the Requirements;
- First Bank Account: You must be an FBN Naira denominated account holder.
- Alertz Number: You need the phone number registered to your bank account.
- Mobile Phone: Any mobile device that can make and receive calls will do.
- ATM PIN: You need your debit card 4-digit PIN for registration.
How to Register First Bank USSD Code
- Dial *894*0# with the phone number registered to your FBN account.
- Choose your preferred debit (ATM) card from those linked to your account.
- Enter the 4 digit PIN of the chosen debit card.
- Create 5-digit transaction PIN. You will need this to complete each transactions you initiated on this platform.
First Bank Transfer Code
- Dial *894*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#.
- Select the beneficiary bank.
- Authenticate and complete the transfer using the 5 digit transaction PIN.
- You will get notification indicating if the transaction is successful or not.
- Let’s assume you want to transfer 10,000 Naira to account number 0123456789, just dial *894*10000*0123456789# >> Select the receiver’s bank >> Confirm name among other details and complete with transaction PIN.
The code to transfer money from first bank is similar to that of zenith bank. I mean it is the same code for both inter bank (first bank to other bank) transfer and intra bank (first bank to first bank) transfer.
Reset & Change Transaction/Authentication PIN
In case you forget your 5-digit transaction PIN (Personal Identification Number), just dial *894*0# to reset it.
First Bank Mobile Code Limit & Charges
- Transfer Limit: Maximum of 100,000 Naira daily.
- Airtime Recharge Limit: Maximum per day is 10,000 Naira.
- Time Limit: Maximum of 2 minutes per transaction. However, transaction will be terminated after 20 seconds of inactivity.
- Transfer Charges: First to first transfer is free while first to other banks attracts N10, N20 and N50 Naira charges depending on how much you are transferring.
- Recharge Charges: Free.
- Network Charges: 2 – 5 Naira.
Should you have any issue while trying to perform any of the above transactions, kindly get in touch with first bank via 0700-34778-2668228 and on Facebook.
This article was most recently revised and updated on April 29, 2021