With the use of the Stanbic IBTC transfer code, you can easily send money from your bank account to anyone in Nigeria using an account with any of the financial institutions in the country.
By dialing the code on your mobile phone, you can be able to transfer money to Stanbic IBTC bank account holders and other banks.
The code is quite easy to memorize and can be dialed from any kind of phone. You don’t also have to be using an android device or any kind of smartphone before the code will work for you.
You can dial it using your IPAD, Samsung Galaxy, Infinix or Nokia (torchlight). Whichever make of phone you dial the code on, you can be able to enjoy the Stanbic mobile banking service on the go.
Stanbic Bank Transfer Code
- From the mobile line connected to your Stanbic IBTC account, dial the USSD code *909#. (lots of options will show up like: Buy Airtime, Transfer Money, Virtual Banking, My Balance etc)
- Enter 2 and press SEND or OK (A list of options will be displayed like 1-To Stanbic Account, 2-To other bank, 3-To Stanbic Wallet etc)
- Enter the appropriate number of the type of transaction you want to make and click OK or SEND
- You will be required to select the bank, do that and continue
- Enter the recipient account number, followed by the amount and proceed
- Enter your 4 digits PIN to authenticate the transfer and press OK
- You receive a notification of a debit transaction on the phone line connected to your account confirming the status of the transaction (whether it is successful or not)
That is how you can transfer money from your Stanbic account using the *909# code.
If this method is too long for you, below is a shorter way to do it.
- To transfer to Stanbic ibtc subscribers, dial *909*11*TheAmount*RecipientAccountNumber# (e.g*909*11*7500*0987654321#)
- To transfer to other bank subscribers, dial *909*22*TheAmount*TheRecipientAccountNumber# (Example, *909*22*8500*9876543210)
After dialing any of these two codes above (depending on the type of funds transfer you wish to make, follow the onscreen instructions to authenticate and complete the transaction.
That is the alternative method of using *909# to send money from your Stanbic IBTC bank account to any bank in Nigeria at the moment.
Like I said earlier on, the second method is faster but if you encounter any challenges using it, try the first method.
Stanbic IBTC Code Charges & Daily Limit
- Daily Transfer Limit: 100,000 Naira.
- Recharge Limit (Daily): 200 – 5000 Naira.
- Transfer Charges: 10, 20, and 50 Naira charges to other banks.
- Recharge Charges: Free.
- Network Charges: 2-5 Naira.
Top 5 Reasons You Should Use this Code
The Stanbic bank code is highly secure so you don’t have to worry about the security of your transaction.
- It works with all kinds of phones, regardless of the operating system or the brand
- In case of emergencies, the USSD code saves you from delays you are likely to encounter by going to the ATM to use the machine for money transfers
- You can change your transfer PIN at any time without having to walk into the bank to do that
- It takes just seconds to process any transaction made using the Stanbic USSD code.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.) What do I do if my transaction is not successful but I was debited?
The first thing you need to do is to wait for 24 hours. Such transactions are usually reversed within 24 hours. Within that period, your money will be credited back to your account.
If it’s not returned to your account within that time frame, feel free to contact their customer care service through their helplines.
You can also send them a mail or use their social media handles to contact them. If you are close to any of their branches, walk into the bank and lodge your complaint there.
2.) Can I make multiple transfers in a day?
Of course, you can. You can transfer as many times as you need using the bank’s USSD code. You only have to make sure you do not exceed the daily transfer limits.
3.) Can I use the Stanbic Ibtc code on my current account?
Yes, you can. Provided it is an individual current account. The code is meant for both savings accounts and current account holders. All you need is to dial the *909# and follow the onscreen instructions to begin.
4.) How much does Stanbic bank charge to transfer money to other banks using *909#?
The bank charges N52 for fund transfers to other banks in Nigeria using the *909# ussd code.
Stanbic IBTC transfer code allows you to send money to any bank account in Nigeria. It is available for you to use 24/7 and you can do so with any mobile phone. See all other banks USSD.
This article was most recently revised and updated on June 19, 2022