Wema Bank has simplified banking transactions for its customers through the use of the ussd code. By dialing wema bank transfer code on their mobile phones, customers of the bank can easily send money to any bank account in Nigeria 24/7.
Are you searching for how to transfer money using the Wema bank ussd code? Do you need to urgently send some amounts of money to any bank account holder in Nigeria using the Wema bank code?
Here is exactly how to use the code to transfer funds to Wema bank customers and also to customers of other Nigerian banks. Continue reading!
Following the Launch of ALAT by Wema, the bank has released its ussd code for mobile banking.
This is part of the ways the bank is seriously delivering quality banking experience to its numerous customers all over Nigeria.
Founded in 1945, Wema is unarguably Nigeria’s oldest indigenous bank. The bank has successfully established over 150 branches in the country and is among the highly regarded banks in the country.
The through the bank’s mobile banking code, you can make payments for good and services right from the comfort of your home.
Below are some of the other benefits you can enjoy using the mobile code.
- 24/7 access to Wema banking services
- Mobile banking without the use of the internet or airtime
- A highly secured and faster means of sending money to anywhere in Nigeria
- A cheaper means of carrying out banking activities and so many others.
Through the ussd code, you can minimize the time you spend standing on Queues every week to send money through the ATM or right inside the bank.
How to Register Wema Bank Transfer Code
- Dial *945# with your alertz number.
- Select 2 to check account balance.
- You will be prompt to register.
- Enter your account number >> create transaction PIN.
- Follow the on screen guide to complete the application.
Wema Bank to Wema Bank Transfer Code
- On your phone dial *945*TheRecipientAccountNo*TheAmount# (This code must be dialled using the mobile line connected to your bank account. That is, the line where you receive transaction alerts from your bank)
- For instance, dial *945*0212345678*5000# to send N5,000.
- The bank will demand for your Personal Identification Number which is the 4 digits(PIN) you created earlier
- Confirm the recipient and continue
A new message will pop-up on your mobile phone’s screen confirming the status of the transfer you just made. You will also receive a text message from your bank on your line confirming this.
That is how to transfer money to Wema bank customers using a ussd code.
Wema Bank To Other Banks Transfer Code
- Dial the code *945*TheRecipientAcct*Amount# (Becareful with the account number so you don’t end up sending the money to a wrong person)
- From the list of banks that will be displayed on your screen, select the bank of the receiver and proceed
- Confirm the name of the person you are sending the money to
- Enter your 4 digit PIN to finalize the whole transaction you just made.
That is how to transfer funds to other Nigerian bank accounts using the Wema bank ussd code.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.) How Much Does Wema Bank Charge For Transfers?
When it comes to bank charges, Wema bank charges are a little bit fair. The bank charges N10, N20 and N50 for inter bank transfers depending on how much you are transferring.
That may change at anytime but for now that is what they charge.
2.) Must I Have Airtime To Transfer Money?
You mustn’t. However if you have airtime before dialing the code, you may notice some little deductions from it after using the code. Though it depends on your network sometimes.
3.) Daily Transfer Limit
For now, you cannot transfer more than N100,000 in a day. If you want to transfer more than that, you either split the money and transfer them in two or three days or use other Wema Bank funds transfer options.
4.) I’m finding It Difficult To Use, What Do I Do?
First, you need to make sure that the line you intend using for the transaction is the mobile line registered to your Wema bank account. That is, the mobile line through which you receive transaction alerts from the bank. The mobile code won’t work for you if you are using a different line for it.
Secondly, you need to ensure you have created a PIN for authenticating your transactions. If you haven’t dial *945*00# to do it as soon as possible.
After that, check the ussd code you are dialing to make the transfer and be sure you got it right. If after all that you still face some challenges using the code, contact the bank’s customer care service as soon as you can.
You can do that by sending them a mail, calling their customer care lines or reaching out to them through the bank official social media handles.
Wrapping It Up
I hope you find this complete guide on how to transfer money using the Wema bank code useful. Dial the code now to make your first transaction and see how it works. I’m quite sure you are going to love it.